1. Tortilla "Pinwheels"
If you can't serve anything better than deli meat and cream cheese wrapped in a store-bought tortilla, you probably shouldn't serve anything at all.
2. Tortilla-less "Pinwheels"
3. Communal Shrimp Cocktail
4. Super Saucy Chicken Wings
5. Towering Burger Sliders
6. Short, Flattened Burger Sliders
7. Deviled Quail Eggs
8. Raw Broccoli/Cauliflower Crudité
9. Anything on an "Amuse Bouche Spoon"
10. "Secretly" Healthy Dip
If you substitute non-fat Greek yogurt, PEOPLE. WILL. KNOW. Just stick with sour cream from now on.
11. "Teriyaki" Meatballs
12. "Low-Carb" Versions of Classic Appetizers
13. Raw Fish/Meat in Cones
14. Soup Shooters
15. American Junk Food/Dim Sum Hybrids
Enough with the buffalo chicken wontons and the reuben spring rolls.
16. "Stuffed" Cucumbers
17. "Actually-an-Entree-Just-Smaller" Appetizers
18. Cheese Plate on a Stick
19. Appetizers That Look Better Than They Taste
20. Crustless Mini-Quiches
The crust is essential. It is what masks the fact that a mini quiche wants to shrivel up and die.
21. Stuffed Mushrooms
Even the most expertly stuffed mushrooms congeal at room temperature.