25 Party Appetizers That Should Be Banned For Life
It's all fun and games until things come to room temperature and start to congeal.
1. Tortilla "Pinwheels"
If you can't serve anything better than deli meat and cream cheese wrapped in a store-bought tortilla, you probably shouldn't serve anything at all.
2. Tortilla-less "Pinwheels"
3. Communal Shrimp Cocktail
4. Super Saucy Chicken Wings
5. Towering Burger Sliders
6. Short, Flattened Burger Sliders
7. Deviled Quail Eggs
8. Raw Broccoli/Cauliflower Crudité
9. Anything on an "Amuse Bouche Spoon"
10. "Secretly" Healthy Dip
If you substitute non-fat Greek yogurt, PEOPLE. WILL. KNOW. Just stick with sour cream from now on.
11. "Teriyaki" Meatballs
12. "Low-Carb" Versions of Classic Appetizers
13. Raw Fish/Meat in Cones
14. Soup Shooters
15. American Junk Food/Dim Sum Hybrids
Enough with the buffalo chicken wontons and the reuben spring rolls.
16. "Stuffed" Cucumbers
17. "Actually-an-Entree-Just-Smaller" Appetizers
18. Cheese Plate on a Stick
19. Appetizers That Look Better Than They Taste
20. Crustless Mini-Quiches
The crust is essential. It is what masks the fact that a mini quiche wants to shrivel up and die.
21. Stuffed Mushrooms
Even the most expertly stuffed mushrooms congeal at room temperature.