21. Pumpkin Spice Everything
From left: pumpkin spice Kahlúa, pumpkin pie M&Ms, pumpkin spice Coffee-Mate.
As cliché as pumpkin spice has become, there’s no denying that it’s popular for a reason. Brands figured this out a while ago (pumpkin spice Hershey kisses debuted way back in 2008, pumpkin spice Pringles in 2012), but this year’s crop of pumpkin spice products has been the most impressive yet.
27. Ramen Burger (available at Smorgasburg, NYC)
Keizo Shimamoto used to make ramen burgers when he was a chef in Tokyo, but this year he brought the burger — a beef patty glazed with a secret shoyu sauce, topped with scallions and arugula, then sandwiched between a bun made from Sun Noodle’s freshly cut ramen noodles — to Brooklyn, first wowing the hipsters, then wowing the world.
28. Mac Attack Burger (Rockit Burger Bar, Chicago)
Forget the ramen burger, this specialty from Rockit Burger Bar is an angus beef patty topped with lettuce, tomato, scallions, and sriracha ketchup, all sandwiched into a DEEP FRIED MAC AND CHEESE “bun.”
29. Black and White Burgers (McDonalds Hong Kong)
The “Black Burger” is two beef patties, mashed potatoes (!!!), bacon, lettuce, and truffle sauce (???) on a squid ink bun. The slightly less awesome sounding “White Burger” is crispy chicken, mashed potatoes, lettuce, bacon, and pepper mushroom sauce, on a white bun sprinkled with black sesame seeds.
CORRECTION: 2 items have been removed from this list because they debuted in a previous year. (12/12/13)
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister" and "Titanic."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲