4. Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
So, it’s really up to you how healthy these are. Maybe lose the cheese, and swap in whole grain English muffins, you know? But, anything you make from scratch and freeze yourself will be healthier and probably tastier than what you find in the freezer section of the supermarket. Recipe and instructions here.
14. Overnight Slow Cooker Apple-Cinnamon Steel-Cut Oats
Steel-cut oats are far superior to instant or rolled oats. The texture is better and they’re less processed, which means they’re probably better for you. The problem is that they take 30 minutes to cook, and who has that kind of time in the morning? But, cooking them overnight in a slow cooker? Problem solved. Recipe here.
15. Spinach and Caramelized Onion Frittata With a Sweet Potato Crust
Why use flour and tons of butter to make a crust, when you can use sweet potatoes instead? For maximum crispiness, heat a small skillet, add a slice of leftover frittata, then warm it in a hot oven until it’s heated through. Recipe here.
24. Vegan Blueberry Banana Spelt Muffins
With lots of fruit, nuts, and no refined sugar, these are a great for mornings when you’re feeling something carb-y. (Psssstt… spread them with a little bit of nut butter for some fat and protein to keep you full until lunch.) Recipe here.
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines, prompting praise from pro-Trump unions.
- Press Secretary Sean Spicer at today's White House briefing dodged multiple questions on Donald Trump's false claim that millions voted illegally in the election.
- White supremacist Richard Spencer rented space in Alexandria, Virginia, that he intends to use as a hub for the alt-right, sparking outrage and complaints from neighbors.
- And the 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture are: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," "Hidden Figures," "Hacksaw Ridge," "Manchester by the Sea," "Lion," "Fences," and "Hell or High Water" 🎥 🎬