4. Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
So, it’s really up to you how healthy these are. Maybe lose the cheese, and swap in whole grain English muffins, you know? But, anything you make from scratch and freeze yourself will be healthier and probably tastier than what you find in the freezer section of the supermarket. Recipe and instructions here.
14. Overnight Slow Cooker Apple-Cinnamon Steel-Cut Oats
Steel-cut oats are far superior to instant or rolled oats. The texture is better and they’re less processed, which means they’re probably better for you. The problem is that they take 30 minutes to cook, and who has that kind of time in the morning? But, cooking them overnight in a slow cooker? Problem solved. Recipe here.
15. Spinach and Caramelized Onion Frittata With a Sweet Potato Crust
Why use flour and tons of butter to make a crust, when you can use sweet potatoes instead? For maximum crispiness, heat a small skillet, add a slice of leftover frittata, then warm it in a hot oven until it’s heated through. Recipe here.
24. Vegan Blueberry Banana Spelt Muffins
With lots of fruit, nuts, and no refined sugar, these are a great for mornings when you’re feeling something carb-y. (Psssstt… spread them with a little bit of nut butter for some fat and protein to keep you full until lunch.) Recipe here.
- The LAPD says it won't work with the feds on deportations — but it already does.
- UK intelligence chief says he's worried by rival countries' attempts to undermine democracy through propaganda, cyberattacks.
- The 36 victims in the Oakland warehouse fire were trapped with "no way out" in America's deadliest blaze in over a decade.
- People are mad at Jennifer Lawrence for telling a story about rubbing her butt on sacred Hawaiian rocks.