2. Spaghetti with Olives, Capers and Roasted Red Pepper
Recipe by Rebekah Peppler
1 lb spaghetti
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup black olives, thinly sliced
1 cup roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons capers, drained
juice of 2 lemons
1 bunch of parsley, chopped, divided
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, until al dente. Drain through a colander, reserving about a cup of the pasta water.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add capers, sliced olives, and sliced red peppers. Cook until the olives are softened and the peppers warmed through. Add the cooked pasta, about 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water, and the chopped parsley, reserving about a tablespoon for garnish. Toss to coat, sprinkle with lemon juice, and serve.
Garnish with the remaining tablespoon chopped parsley.
4. For this recipe, you’ll need a 12-inch skillet and a large pot to cook the pasta.
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" while he's president.
- Trump has picked Andy Puzder, CEO of Hardee's and Carl's Jr. and an outspoken critic of raising the minimum wage, for labor secretary
- Mick Jagger is a new dad at age 73 and people have some things to say 👀