2. Spaghetti with Easy Puttanesca Sauce
Recipe by Christine Byrne
1 lb spaghetti
1/4 cup olive oil
1 large yellow onion
1 1/4 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, divided
6 cloves garlic
1 15-oz can diced tomatoes
2 5-oz cans chunk light tuna in water, drained
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/4 cup parsley leaves, thinly sliced
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, until al dente. Drain through a colander.
Coarsely chop the onion, garlic, and 1 cup of the green olives. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan with a lid over medium heat, and add chopped onions. Cook until onions are start to soften, about 5 minutes. Add chopped olives and garlic, and cook for another 2 minutes. Add diced tomatoes (don’t drain them, add the liquid as well), and stir everything together. Cover and bring the mixture to a simmer, then add canned tuna, and simmer for 2 minutes, covered, until the tuna is heated and the tomatoes have started to melt.
Transfer the mixture to a blender, season with salt and pepper, and puree until smooth. Wipe out the sauté pan, return it to low heat, then add the pureed sauce and the cooked spaghetti. Toss to coat.
To serve, thinly slice the remaining 1/4 cup green olives and the parsley leaves, and sprinkle on top of the pasta.
4. For this recipe, you’ll need a large sauté pan with a lid and a large pot to cook the pasta.
- Hillary Clinton called Donald Trump's attacks on former Miss Universe Alicia Machado "unhinged."
- In a newly released video deposition Trump implied he planned to call Mexicans "rapists" when he announced his presidential run.
- The hair vitamins promoted by the Kardashians make "largely inaccurate" nutrient claims, according to lab tests.