2. Spaghetti with Corn, Ham and Ricotta Salata
Recipe by Rebekah Peppler
1 lb spaghetti
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 lb ham steak, cut in 1/4-inch cubes
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup shaved ricotta, divided
1/4 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced in ribbons
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, until al dente. Drain through a colander, reserving about a cup of the pasta water.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, then add diced ham and cook until the ham is starting to brown, about 5 minutes, moving the ham around the pan occasionally. Add 1 cup frozen corn kernels and cook until the corn is thawed and warmed through, about 2 minutes. Add the pasta, 3/4 cup shaved ricotta salata and 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
Transfer to a serving bowl, and garnish with basil ribbons and an additional ¼ cup shaved ricotta salata.
4. For this recipe, you’ll need a 12-inch skillet and a large pot to cook the pasta.
- At least 38 people are dead and more than 160 hurt after explosions outside a stadium in Turkey, the country's interior minister said.
- Trump will reportedly pick ExxonMobil's CEO Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. He has a long history of oil deals with Russia.
- Gen. David Petraeus helped block the autopsy of an Afghan man who died mysteriously in US custody, emails show.
- "Saturday Night Live" revealed Donald Trump's newest pick to lead the Drug Enforcement Agency: Walter White.