2. Spaghetti with Chicken, Kale and White Beans
Recipe by Rebekah Peppler
1 lb spaghetti
1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
4 cups kale, coarsely chopped
1 15-oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
1 rotisserie chicken, meat picked and skin removed
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, until al dente. Drain through a colander.
In a large sauté pan with a lid, bring 1 cup chicken stock to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add kale, cover, and steam for about 2 minutes, until the kale is wilted and soft. Add shredded chicken and drained beans and continue to heat for about a minute, until chicken is warmed through. Stir in the cooked pasta, season with salt and pepper and serve.
4. For this recipe, you’ll need a large sauté pan with a lid and a large pot to cook the pasta.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏