2. Spaghetti with Chicken, Kale and White Beans
Recipe by Rebekah Peppler
1 lb spaghetti
1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
4 cups kale, coarsely chopped
1 15-oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
1 rotisserie chicken, meat picked and skin removed
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, until al dente. Drain through a colander.
In a large sauté pan with a lid, bring 1 cup chicken stock to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add kale, cover, and steam for about 2 minutes, until the kale is wilted and soft. Add shredded chicken and drained beans and continue to heat for about a minute, until chicken is warmed through. Stir in the cooked pasta, season with salt and pepper and serve.
4. For this recipe, you’ll need a large sauté pan with a lid and a large pot to cook the pasta.
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross under a river near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 33. "We're expecting the worst and hoping for the best," officials said Sunday.
- An anti-establishment wave has prompted Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi to resign after losing a constitutional referendum.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏