2. Spaghetti with Bacon, Pecorino, and Fried Egg
Recipe by Rebekah Peppler
1 lb spaghetti
1 lb thick cut smoked bacon
½ cup grated pecorino
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, until al dente. Drain through a colander, reserving about a cup of the pasta water.
In a large skillet over medium heat, fry half of the bacon until crisp, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, leaving the fat in the skillet, and repeat with the remaining bacon. Pour half of the bacon fat out of the pan and reserve it.
Add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet with the remaining bacon fat, sprinkle with pecorino and add about ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water. Toss to coat, and crumble the cooked bacon into the pasta. Transfer pasta to serving bowls, and wipe out the skillet.
Add the reserved bacon fat to the skillet, and fry 4 eggs (2 at a time) over medium heat, cooking until whites are set but yolks are runny. Serve one egg on top of each bowl of pasta.
4. For this recipe, you’ll need a 12-inch skillet and a large pot to cook the pasta.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Jay Z is set to hold a get out the vote concert for Hillary Clinton in Ohio aimed at mobilizing black voters.
- The UK government has backed a third runway at London's Heathrow Airport, saying it'll benefit the the country's economy ✈️
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏