2. Spaghetti Scallion Pancakes with Hot Sauce
Recipe by Rebekah Peppler
1 lb spaghetti
2 bunches scallions, green part only
4 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons hot sauce
Neutral oil (such as canola)
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, until al dente. Drain through a colander.
Thinly slice 1 tablespoon scallion greens and reserve for garnish, then slice the remaining scallion greens into ½-inch pieces. Combine the cooked spaghetti, 4 eggs, 2 tablespoons hot sauce, scallion pieces, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 3 tablespoons neutral oil (like canola) until hot but not smoking. To test heat, drop a small piece of spaghetti in. If it immediately starts to sizzle and bubble, the oil is hot enough. If the spaghetti immediately starts to turn a dark brown, the oil is too hot. Use your hands to form a flat, 4-inch round out the spaghetti mixture. Add the spaghetti pancake to the hot oil, reshaping it with a spatula in the skillet if it starts to spread too much. Cook, 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crisp on both sides. Remove finished pancakes from the skillet and drain on a paper towel-lined plate, then season with salt and pepper on both sides. Repeat until all of the spaghetti mixture has been used, adding more oil when needed.
To serve, garnish with thinly sliced scallions and additional hot sauce.
4. For this recipe, you’ll need a 12-inch skillet and a large pot to cook the pasta.
- The Democratic National Convention starts Monday and it's already off to a rocky start. Here's what you need to know 🇺🇸🔔
- Russia won't be banned from the Rio Olympics but its athletes need to pass new anti-doping tests to compete, the IOC ruled.
- Chris Froome has won the Tour de France. He's the first Brit to win the cycling race three times 🚴