2. Don’t know what to eat for breakfast? Throw a perfectly fried egg on top of a salad, and you’re good to go.
This fried egg has an extra-delicious secret.
4. Embrace winter and get your oven going. Single sheet tray meals are easy, delicious, and require very little clean-up.
Really, all you have to do it cut up your veg, toss it in fat, season everything liberally, and roast it until it’s done. Recipe here.
5. Know which oils to cook with, and when.
Fat is good for you, in moderation. It’s also good for making your food way more delicious. But, it’s important to understand which oils to use when. Certain healthy oils have pretty low smoke points, which means they’re great for salad dressing or drizzling on finished vegetables, but not so great for cooking. Learn more here.
6. Winter is a great time for root vegetables, but don’t forget that it’s also peak citrus season. The perfect orange can take any salad or grain bowl to the next level.
Hit up your local farmer’s market and get as many citrus fruits as you can carry. Or, try something new to you!
- Neilson Rizzuto has been identified as the suspected drunk driver who drove a truck into a crowd at Mardi Gras and injured over a dozen.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," and "Aliens."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Tonight at 8:30pm ET, BuzzFeed is celebrating the biggest night in Hollywood, the Oscars, with a live show and tipsy game of bingo 🏆🍹