2. Don’t know what to eat for breakfast? Throw a perfectly fried egg on top of a salad, and you’re good to go.
This fried egg has an extra-delicious secret.
4. Embrace winter and get your oven going. Single sheet tray meals are easy, delicious, and require very little clean-up.
Really, all you have to do it cut up your veg, toss it in fat, season everything liberally, and roast it until it’s done. Recipe here.
5. Know which oils to cook with, and when.
Fat is good for you, in moderation. It’s also good for making your food way more delicious. But, it’s important to understand which oils to use when. Certain healthy oils have pretty low smoke points, which means they’re great for salad dressing or drizzling on finished vegetables, but not so great for cooking. Learn more here.
6. Winter is a great time for root vegetables, but don’t forget that it’s also peak citrus season. The perfect orange can take any salad or grain bowl to the next level.
Hit up your local farmer’s market and get as many citrus fruits as you can carry. Or, try something new to you!
- The pilot of the jet carrying a Brazilian soccer team chose to skip a refuel stop before crashing in Colombia, killing 71 people.
- Donald Trump has picked retired Gen. James "Mad Dog" Mattis for defense secretary, a four-star general who led the US in Iraq.
- Tennessee's massive wildfires have now killed eleven people and destroyed or damaged more than 700 structures.
- Spanish authorities have accused six professional tennis players of helping to fix 17 matches 🎾💰