1. For a REALLY healthy week, take BuzzFeed’s 7-Day Clean Eating Challenge!
The challenge is a seven-day meal plan that focuses on whole foods and emphasizes lean protein and lots of fruits and vegetables. You’ll be doing lots of cooking, but there are recipes and step-by-step photos to guide you through. By the end of the seven days, you’ll have lots of new, healthy tricks up your sleeve. Here’s where to start.
2. There are also plenty of other popular “detox” programs and healthy eating challenges out there that you might want to try. Just make sure to do your research first, and know what your goals and expectations are going in.
Lots of people will do some kind of “detox” or healthy eating challenge in January. These aren’t for everybody, but if you want to do one, make sure to do plenty of research first. Some of the most popular programs are the 21-Day Sugar Detox, Whole30, and the 21-Day Fix. Before you start anything, you should do lots of research, and talk to a doctor or nutritionist if you have concerns or existing food or medical issues.
Also, programs like these can be useful for jump-starting a healthier year and making you feel more energetic, but no monthlong program will lead to immediate, substantial weight loss. If your goal is to lose fat, you’ll have to commit to a lifestyle change that goes beyond whatever program you try.
3. Nurse a New Year’s Eve hangover with something that’s delicious but also filled with vegetables.
Pancakes, bacon, and a butter-soaked bagel might seem like the answer, but really it’ll probably just leave you feeling bloated, tired, and, well…full. Instead, go for something that’s still delicious but also filled with fruits and/or veggies and some protein.
5. Get on the meal-prep bandwagon.
Here are 21 Instagram accounts that will inspire you to prep healthy, delicious meals ahead of time.
6. In an ideal world, all of your meals and snacks would be homemade. In the real world, sometimes you’ll have to reach for packaged food. Try to make the best of it by choosing whole, healthy snacks.
Here are 26 healthy packaged snacks that are widely available and totally portable. Keep a couple on hand at all times, and you’ll never be without a healthy option.
- Donald Trump claims Google's search engine was biased in burying bad news about his rival Hillary Clinton.
- A teenager was taken into custody Wednesday after he shot two students and one teacher at an elementary school in South Carolina.
- "Hamilton" pulled back the curtain on race and Broadway, but these actors show how far theater still has to go 🎭