4. Or, go a step further and top oysters with champagne jelly and caviar.
All of the Fancy Things.
5. If raw oysters freak you out, serve them broiled.
9. Make a decadent champagne custard for dessert.
11. In lieu of a whole cheese plate, serve adorable, bite-size baked brie.
When everyone’s got a champagne flute in one hand, its easier to just pick up one of these tiny brie hand pies than to cut a piece out of a huge hunk of baked brie.
Recipe: Bite-Size Baked Brie
12. A charcuterie board can be really classy, too.
Higher-end supermarkets often have a good charcuterie selection, as do cheese shops.
16. Or go the easier route, and adorn store-bought macarons (already fancy) with glitter paint.
Buying your macarons means all you’ll need to do is get creative with some edible glitter or luster dust, available here. If you have more time (and baking inclination), you can make the macarons from scratch.
Recipe: French Macarons
19. Instead of pre-mixing a champagne punch, set up a bubbly bar.
Put out bottles of mixers — orange juice, peach puree, and sweet liqueurs taste especially good with champagne — alongside your champagne, and let everybody mix their own drinks. Full instructions here.
- A Trump adviser is presenting himself as the unlikely go-between for a global elite he wants to understand Trump.
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by the standards of the position.
- Birth control startups are seeing a spike in demand because many women are nervous coverage will disappear under Trump.
- Most hate crimes go unreported. Help BuzzFeed News and other news outlets document hate crimes and harassment in the US.
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at
Sadly, an error occured while sending your feedback. Please contact email@example.com to let us know.