The obvious solution is to turn VEGETABLES into TOTS. Everybody WINS.
Here are all the ingredients you’ll need:
See the full recipe at the bottom of this post
4. Beat the two eggs in a medium mixing bowl.
5. Peel the sweet potato, and add it to the beaten egg.
Don’t worry about cooking the egg; if the sweet potato is cool enough for you to handle, it’ll be fine.
6. Mash the sweet potato and egg together with a fork.
7. Add the pulsed oats, chopped broccoli, and grated parmesan.
8. Mix it up until it’s thoroughly combined.
9. Use your hands to form about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture into a tot shape.
No need to obsessively measure, but all the tots should be roughly the same size.
10. Line ‘em up on a large, rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment.
11. Bake in a 400°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes, turning the pan halfway through. They’re done when they’re golden brown.
Serve immediately. Ketchup optional. (Not really.)
Cheesy Sweet Potato Broccoli Tots
Makes 4 servings
Recipe by Christine Byrne, inspired by Gimme Delicious
¾ cup rolled oats (gluten-free, if you want)
1 medium sweet potato
1 16-ounce bag frozen broccoli, thawed slightly, coarsely chopped
2 large eggs
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Pierce the sweet potato all over with a fork, then wrap it in a damp paper towel and microwave on high until it’s soft and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Let it cool for at least 2 minutes before peeling.
Pulse the oats in a food processor fitted with the blade attachment until they’re a coarse meal.
Beat the eggs with a fork in a medium mixing bowl. Use your hands to peel the sweet potato, then discard the skin and add the sweet potato to the beaten eggs. Use the fork to mash the sweet potato and mix it with the eggs. Add the pulsed oats, chopped broccoli, and grated cheese, and mix everything together until thoroughly combined.
Use your hands to form about 1 ½ tablespoons of the mixture into a tot shape. Repeat until all the tots are formed, lining them up on the parchment-lined baking sheet as you go.
Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through.
Let them cool slightly, then serve.
- Jared Kushner, President Trump's son-in-law and adviser, has volunteered to testify in the Senate about his multiple meetings with the Russian ambassador.
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions threatened to cut off funding to so-called sanctuary cities that don't deport undocumented immigrants with criminal records.
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill, but it took only two days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- After blocking three girls from boarding a plane for wearing leggings, United Airlines is getting mocked by everyone from Chrissy Teigen to Delta ✈️ 👀