15 Essential Products For Anyone Who Wants To Eat Healthier
Why make a healthy-eating resolution when you can just buy something instead?
1. A SPIRALIZER, to turn vegetables into pasta.
To be clear: Vegetables are not pasta. BUT, an al dente parsnip noodle slathered in a flavorful sauce (like the parsnip spaghetti all'amatriciana, above) is a pretty acceptable occasional compromise. Available here ($29.95).
4. A BIG SET OF AIRTIGHT CONTAINERS, for prepping meals ahead of time.
5. A set of FOOD HUGGERS, for keeping produce fresh after you've cut into it.
Just because you don't want to put the whole cucumber in your salad doesn't mean it should go to waste. Plus, this way you can keep lemons and limes on hand to juice over everything and make food taste fresher. Available here ($13.95).
6. An OIL-MISTER, for controlled and even distribution of oil on your salads and vegetable sides.
Because eating five dry lettuce leaves and then getting one that's DRENCHED in fat is the actual worst. Available here ($45.86).
8. A NUTRIBULLET, for smoothies and so much more.
9. A FOOD PROCESSOR, for literally everything. (But especially for turning bananas into ice cream.)
10. A STEAMER BASKET, for cooking vegetables or fish without adding any extra fat.
11. A MANDOLINE, for easy slicing, and for making healthier vegetable chips.
All you do is pick a blade — you can make long, wide slices, or slice matchsticks into chips, like the salt-and-vinegar zucchini chips pictured above, or toss them into salads or stir-fries.
13. An organic NONSTICK PAN, for cooking eggs without any fat.
Nonstick pans are great for eggs, and eggs are great for YOU! Available here ($27.80).