Yesterday Alton Brown stopped by BuzzFeed to answer a series of hard-hitting questions.
Some questions were food-related, some were TV-related, and some were absolutely ridiculous and related to nothing really. But, seeing as the best-selling author and James Beard Award winner has been a television personality for over 15 years, he has a quip for just about everything.
1. Cheese or chocolate?
2. Sandwich cutting: diagonal or down the middle?
3. What’s your dream sandwich?
It’s a bacon, avocado, sardine, ham, mustard, and melted cheese sandwich on a mix of sourdough and rye bread — multiple slices of each, it looks like — plated with pickles.
4. What’s the one junk food you could never give up to be healthy?
And how do you take that, exactly?
“3 parts gin, 1 part dry vermouth, dash of olive brine.”
5. What’s the first dish a cooking beginner should try and master?
6. What’s your favorite pattern for a bow tie?
7. What’s the weirdest piece of non-kitchen equipment you’ve ever used to cook?
8. What’s your favorite TV show of all time?
Alton Brown: Wow. Of all time. Out of any TV show?
BuzzFeed: Do we need to rephrase? Should I rephrase the question?
AB: Do you want to rephrase?
BF: I would feel comfortable rephrasing.
AB: All right, go ahead and rephrase. Because we’d be here a while. I’d have to make charts. There would have to be some kind of formula.
OK, rephrase: What’s the TV show you most love to binge-watch?
That’s a solid Doctor Who reference, for those of you not in the know.
9. Who’s the most talented chef, dead or alive?
10. What’s your go-to chef’s knife?
11. Besides a chef’s knife, what’s the most important kitchen tool?
12. Who’s your celebrity crush?
“I dare you to even think of another celebrity crush.”
All right, enough with the tough questions. Time for the WORD ASSOCIATION Lightning Round!
TELL US THE FIRST WORD THAT COMES TO MIND WHEN YOU HEAR THE WORD:
“MSG is big business.”
“He just needs a hug…”
“He’s got all that power and can’t make a nose. What’s up with that?”
19. Culinary school
*Editor’s Note: Both BuzzFeed Life editors involved in writing this post attended culinary school. As did Alton Brown.
21. David Chang
“You didn’t say it had to be a real word. This is a combination of wonderful and revolting.”
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival has turned into a total shitshow. "I think the festival took on a life of its own," the event's co-founder said 😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- The new leader of Marine Le Pen's National Front party in France has stepped down amid accusations of Holocaust denial.
- We found an average of about one false statement per day from Trump and his aides throughout the president's first 100 days in office 💯