4. Looking for a New Year’s breakfast that’s special but won’t put you in a food coma? Try Jamie Oliver’s healthy blueberry smoothie pancakes.
No whisking required — these pancakes come together in a blender (!!!). You essentially make a healthy blueberry smoothie, then add egg, flour, and baking powder. Any berries will work, and you can totally use frozen ones instead of fresh. Recipe here.
5. STOP cooking everything in olive oil.
Olive oil has a pretty low smoke point compared to other oils, which means it burns and smokes when you heat it too much. Roasting vegetables in an oven hotter than 375°F? You shouldn’t be using olive oil. Searing meat? You shouldn’t be using olive oil. Here are 12 things you shouldn’t be cooking in olive oil and why, plus suggestions about what you should use instead.
6. New Year’s Eve/Day is this week, which means one more round of holiday parties. Why not make a dish everyone will love that also happens to be healthy??
Pumpkin bean dip (left) and caramel apple crisp (right) are bound to be crowd pleasers. If you need other ideas, here are 16 Holiday Recipes That Real Healthy People Actually Eat.
- The judge who sentenced former Stanford swimmer Brock Turner for sexual assault will no longer hear criminal cases.
- Hillary Clinton came closer than ever to attacking Donald Trump's character and tied her opponent to the "alt-right" movement.
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 250 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.