4. Looking for a New Year’s breakfast that’s special but won’t put you in a food coma? Try Jamie Oliver’s healthy blueberry smoothie pancakes.
No whisking required — these pancakes come together in a blender (!!!). You essentially make a healthy blueberry smoothie, then add egg, flour, and baking powder. Any berries will work, and you can totally use frozen ones instead of fresh. Recipe here.
5. STOP cooking everything in olive oil.
Olive oil has a pretty low smoke point compared to other oils, which means it burns and smokes when you heat it too much. Roasting vegetables in an oven hotter than 375°F? You shouldn’t be using olive oil. Searing meat? You shouldn’t be using olive oil. Here are 12 things you shouldn’t be cooking in olive oil and why, plus suggestions about what you should use instead.
6. New Year’s Eve/Day is this week, which means one more round of holiday parties. Why not make a dish everyone will love that also happens to be healthy??
Pumpkin bean dip (left) and caramel apple crisp (right) are bound to be crowd pleasers. If you need other ideas, here are 16 Holiday Recipes That Real Healthy People Actually Eat.
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.
- People are backing one of the Women's March organizers after conservative blogs claimed she has deep ties to terrorism.
- "The Great Liberation Of France" is a private chat room that Trump Supporters are using to manipulate French voters 💬👀