1. Ramen from Ponyo.
There’s no way to not crave ramen after watching this.
3. Sponge cake from Spirited Away.
Look at No-Face eating peacefully and delicately. Also look how the fluff of the cake scrunches at the touch of No-Face’s fork. Swooooon.
4. Herring pot pie from Kiki’s Delivery Service.
Fancy and strange, but oddly appetizing.
5. Bento boxes from My Neighbor Totoro.
The perfect packaging almost makes not eating it seem worth it. JK. BRB munching away on these scrumptious morsels.
~Magical food sensations~.
Miyazaki gets it when it comes to communicating with food. So many happy feels.
6. Rice porridge (okayu) from Kiki’s Delivery Service.
The steam. THE STEAM.
7. Winter vegetable nimono (stew) from Laputa: Castle in the Sky.
Boiling potatoes has never looked more satisfying.
This calls for a variety of earthy things, mainly carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, onions, and bamboo (if you’d like). See how to make this here.
8. Fried horse mackerel or “Aji-furai” from From Up on the Poppy Hill.
THE SIZZLE. You’ll never be able to think of frying any differently.
9. Breakfast mishmash from From Up on the Poppy Hill.
Impeccable fried egg servings.
10. Breakfast #2 from Kiki’s Delivery Service.
Ideal cat bonding time.
11. Salmon in béchamel sauce from Porco Rosso.
Give me all the cream and wine, please.
Ba-wan are a type of Taiwanese snack that consists of a gelatinous shell usually filled with meat, mushrooms, and bamboo shoots. Be sure to serve them with extra sauce. Recipe here.
13. Bacon and eggs from Howl’s Moving Castle.
Just Studio Ghibli reminding everyone of the power of a well-rounded breakfast: thick-cut bacon and all the eggs.
CORRECTION: Oops! The fried treats from #8 are actually fried horse mackerels and the soup dumplings from #12 are Ba-wan Taiwanese snacks. An earlier version of this post had the wrong recipes.
- Fake news fools most Americans who read it—and Facebook is a major source, a BuzzFeed News survey has found 📰❌
- A refrigerator is being eyed as the possible origin of the fire at an Oakland warehouse party that killed 36 people, a law enforcement official said.
- Some talking dolls might be sharing kids' personal info with a company that contracts with the US Army 👭📡
- It's finally here: You can now like comments on Instagram, and people are excited about it 😍📷