1. Reposition your bed.
2. Rearrange your artwork.
And curating art doesn't have to be expensive! Here are 17 ways you can make it yourself if you don't know where to start and here's a great list of free prints.
4. Get rid of furniture you don't need.
Opt for smaller things that have multiple functions, like a desk that also functions as a nightstand.
6. Get actual curtains or hang your current curtains higher.
See different styling options as well as solid curtain choices here.
7. Donate your clothes to clear up space in your closet or dresser.
Better yet, totally minimize your wardrobe and get a swanky clothes rail. Or you can DIY it here.
9. Seriously tackle organizing all your scattered documents.
First, transition to electronic paperwork if you can. As for the rest, make a super nice and organized scrapbook or binder. It's like first day of high school all over again. See more details here.
10. Dust off all the surfaces and clean your electronics.
11. Mount more of your furniture onto the walls.
This includes lamps, bookshelves, jewelry holders (canvas), pictures, etc.
12. Pack up your non-seasonal stuff.
13. Get new sheets but more importantly, actually wash your sheets.
14. Go all out on pillow bedecking.
15. Change up the lighting in the room.
Try replacing your lamp, throw in some string lights (copper adds a unique touch), add a suspending lantern or bulb, or maybe even throw in a quirky chandelier.