31 Things From Target That’ll Affordably Upgrade Your At-Home Office
2022 is officially the year of getting work done.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A dry-erase weekly calendar board to keep on top of your Zoom meetings, deadlines, and daily work reminders...and maybe some extra fun doodling. Why not? It's your office!
2. A chair massage cushion so you don't have to wait until after your work is done to hit the spa. Now, that's multitasking.
3. A memory foam-cushioned mouse pad specifically designed to combat carpal tunnel. If clicking and dragging for work has your arm hurting so much that you can barely work, this is for you.
4. A standing desk converter because it's good for your back and joints to get up in the middle of the day and stretch...and with this, you can get to it, even if you have a lot to do and still need to work while you're at it.
5. An Egg Sitter seat cushion to support your back and spine with a honeycomb design that collapses in on itself, providing you with maximum supprt. As we all know, sitting all day long is not the kindest on your back...or tushy. 😩
6. A foot bike for under your desk, so you can kill two birds with one stone and get in some cardio as you handle the day's paperwork. Let's face it, do we reallllly wanna rush to the gym after we just worked all day? Um, I, for one, do not.
7. A wooden pencil holder/ phone stand because maybe you want to FaceTime while you work. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ And it does hold your office supplies so, technically, it's very necessary.
8. A 68-piece office accessories set complete with paper clips, magnets, thumb tacks, and binder clips, so you can stay organized and stop holding all your important paper together with hair clips.
9. And a three-compartment hanging file sorter because now that you have a handle on your desktop papers, you need to sort them somewhere so they don't get totally out of control again.
10. A Suncatcher light therapy lamp that mimics the benefits of sunlight while you're stuck inside. The lamp delivers 10,000 lux of light, which can help improve focus, regulate sleep, boost energy, and lift your spirits.
11. An ergonomic desk chair in case doing the past year and a half WFH with the kitchen chair is finally taking its toll on your back.
12. Stick-on cable clips that will hold any cord in place, because admit it — if your charger falls off the desk one more time, you are going to lose it 😤.
13. A mini space heater because it's reeeally hard to get any work done when you're trying to keep a blanket wrapped around you while you type.
14. A foldable writing desk with a modern look in case you're short on space. I know what you're thinking — this thing looks way too nice to be foldable. Well, it's not too good to be true. It's just true.
15. A set of two paper desktop drawers for when your actual desk drawer reaches full capacity and can no longer keep up with your workload. The grind never stops. 😩💯
16. A stackable four-piece mesh desk organizer so you can find exactly what you're searching for before you even start to search for it.
17. An L-shaped hutch desk for small spaces that are in need of a lot of storage. This piece has a compact design, but offers a ton of table space and shelving. Small but mighty. 💪
18. Screen cleaner with a microfiber cloth, because maybe you haven't cleaned your computer screen in like...ever. No shame — we're pretty much all in the same boat.
21. An interlocking drawer organization system so you know exactly where your "good" pen is. Always.
22. A gorgeous tufted desk chair that you can dramatically swivel around in anytime someone comes into your home office and disrupts you. This better be important — we have business to attend to. 😤😤😤
23. A hanging folder holder because you're (probably) not running a doctor's office out of your spare room, so you don't need a whole filing cabinet — just a pretty golden desktop organizer will do the trick.
24. Or, a two-drawer filing cabinet, for those of us who do in fact need a filing cabinet. This small but mighty cabinet will save you from ripping your hair out when you're trying to find that one very important document.
25. A mug warmer that'll steadily keep your coffee at peak temperature, so it doesn't go cold while you're in ~the zone~.
26. A calendar desk pad so you can start off the new year on the right track and be forced to see (and thus stay on top of) all your upcoming events and deadlines every day.
27. A Hatch mini sound machine that's controlled by a smartphone app with eight different soothing sounds to help you stay focused and block out any surrounding noise. And no, this isn't just for babies — it's great for folks who need a little boost with focusing during the workday.
28. An oil diffuser because the stress of work doesn't stand a chance against the relaxing aroma of eucalyptus and lavender. Deep breaths. 😌
29. An office supply kit that's got everything you could possibly need for your desk. Plus, all of the supplies are mini, so they won't take up much space and are absolutely adorable. 😊
30. Newton's Cradle because what does every successful businessperson you see in the movies have in their office? One of these. I don't even know what it does, I just know that you need one.
31. A wall organizer in case your desk is shockingly close to being overcrowded and it's affecting your work performance. I get it — you can't possibly get any work done with all that clutter around and that, alone, should be a valid reason for an extension. But also get an organizer.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.