1. Since season one, the writers of Arthur have smoked fat joints while coming up with new story lines for the show. This explains moments like when Francine's head literally popped off her entire body and landed in a yard.
2. Francine and Sue Ellen were secretly hooking up with each other in their dressing rooms during the entire second season. Things ended abruptly when Sue Ellen found out Francine was also ~getting to know~ Molly the bunny.
3. PBS executives told Muffy to get rid of her buck teeth after the first season to increase her sex appeal. She has since said it was "the worst decision of my life."
4. The character Prunella, a smart and sometimes snobbish anthropomorphic poodle, was loosely based on Anne Hathaway.
5. Despite their on-screen friendship, Muffy and Francine actually hate each other off-screen. Many believe this is because their families come from historically conflicting monkey tribes.
6. Jane, the actress who plays Arthur's mom, has had 37 cosmetic surgeries throughout the series, including a breast augmentation.
7. Arthur may portray an aardvark on-screen, but he's actually a giant gerbil in real life.
The aardvark community has consistently petitioned to take Arthur off the air since its debut for allowing a gerbil to portray the suppressed and underrepresented aardvark culture.