5. According to Page Six, a source told the outlet the rant was triggered by the SNL stage layout, and Kanye was threatening to leave the show entirely:
It was like he was having an emotional breakdown. He was calling the crew “white m———–s” and then said he was going to walk out. The only thing that stopped him from actually leaving right then was that nobody had access to the freight elevator. If he’d walked out on the live show, it would have been a disaster. And the whole meltdown was just because of the floor.
6. And here’s the whole rant, for your 2016 Kanye records:
Look at that shit. They took my fuckin’ stage off of SNL without asking me. Now I’m bummed. That and Taylor Swift, fake ass. Now I ain’t gonna do this, we’re breaking the mother fucking internet. I went through six years of this fucking shit. Let’s get to it, bro. Let’s get to it, bro! Are they fucking crazy? Bro! By 50% — Stanley Kubrick, Apostle Paul, Picasso, fucking Picasso and Escobar — by 50% more influential than any other human being. Don’t fuck with me. Don’t fuck with me! Don’t fuck with me! By 50%, dead or alive.
- It's time: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will face off tonight at 9 p.m. ET in the first of three US presidential debates.
- Inside the final days of the FARC, Colombia's 50-year-old rebel group, which is on the verge of signing a peace treaty with the government.
- Golf legend Arnold Palmer has died at 87. Known as "The King," his unusual style and charisma changed the game.