1. Wardens on patrol near Buckingham Palace found the charred remains of a dead swan on Sunday.
The carcass was found near standing water on Baths Island in Windsor. Park rangers called bird protection charity Swan Lifeline. Wendy Herman of Swan Lifeline describes the scene she saw:
It was just a carcass, it was all burnt. We could see that whoever did this had taken the breast out. It was done neatly, presumably to get at the meat. They had skinned it as well and possibly barbecued it there, on a disposable barbecue.
I felt sick when I saw it. How can someone do that and leave it where they did? I would have been devastated if I had been walking along there with my little boy and he had seen that.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister" and "Titanic."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲