1. Wardens on patrol near Buckingham Palace found the charred remains of a dead swan on Sunday.
The carcass was found near standing water on Baths Island in Windsor. Park rangers called bird protection charity Swan Lifeline. Wendy Herman of Swan Lifeline describes the scene she saw:
It was just a carcass, it was all burnt. We could see that whoever did this had taken the breast out. It was done neatly, presumably to get at the meat. They had skinned it as well and possibly barbecued it there, on a disposable barbecue.
I felt sick when I saw it. How can someone do that and leave it where they did? I would have been devastated if I had been walking along there with my little boy and he had seen that.
- Tennessee authorities have charged 2 minors with starting the massive wildfires that killed 14 people last month.
- Donald Trump has picked former WWE CEO Linda McMahon to lead the Small Business Administration.
- At least 2 women say Stanford offered them money to close federal investigations into how it handles sexual assault.
- Dozens of employees and patients say the US's biggest psychiatric chain locks up people for insurance money.