1. Kanzi Understands Spoken Language
In this clip, Primatologist Sue Savage-Rumbaugh holds head-phones to Kanzi’s ears, playing a recording of a word that corresponds to an item on Kanzi’s Lexigram board.
Sue cannot hear the words that are being read to Kanzi, so she checks an ordered set of cards to confirm that Kanzi has pressed the right button.
2. Kanzi and Novel Sentences
In this exercise, Sue holds a welder’s mask to her face so that she can’t give any obvious nonverbal clues as to what objects she’s referring.
Kanzi seems to demonstrate an understanding of a wide range of nouns, verbs, and their relationships sufficient to carry out requests given in new phrases he may not have heard before.
3. Kanzi’s Sister Panbanisha Understands Language
4. Kanzi The Toolmaker
Kanzi demonstrates his ability to make stone tools, a skill that he learned by observing human researchers.
5. Bonobos: Language Recognition, Play
clip from the BBC Documentary Chimps Are People Too
6. Kanzi Talks To Lisa Ling On Oprah
- Trump is viewed as "honest and trustworthy" by only 36% of the public, raising questions about his effectiveness in a crisis.
- Today is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total disaster — and it's shows how insane and competitive the industry has become 😱
- The story of two lesbian Chinese billionaires who got married and became the richest couple alive has gone viral, but it's fake ❌