1. Kanzi Understands Spoken Language
In this clip, Primatologist Sue Savage-Rumbaugh holds head-phones to Kanzi’s ears, playing a recording of a word that corresponds to an item on Kanzi’s Lexigram board.
Sue cannot hear the words that are being read to Kanzi, so she checks an ordered set of cards to confirm that Kanzi has pressed the right button.
2. Kanzi and Novel Sentences
In this exercise, Sue holds a welder’s mask to her face so that she can’t give any obvious nonverbal clues as to what objects she’s referring.
Kanzi seems to demonstrate an understanding of a wide range of nouns, verbs, and their relationships sufficient to carry out requests given in new phrases he may not have heard before.
3. Kanzi’s Sister Panbanisha Understands Language
4. Kanzi The Toolmaker
Kanzi demonstrates his ability to make stone tools, a skill that he learned by observing human researchers.
5. Bonobos: Language Recognition, Play
clip from the BBC Documentary Chimps Are People Too
6. Kanzi Talks To Lisa Ling On Oprah
- So about that wall: Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto says he told Donald Trump his country's not paying for it.
- Brazil's senate has voted to remove Dilma Rousseff as president over a months-long corruption scandal.
- Here's how bankers are using a powerful, little-known justice system to turn a huge profit: part three of a BuzzFeed News investigation.
- Researchers have found the first identical twin puppies ever in the dog species 🐶 🐶