5. [Fashion District] Cafe Grumpy - Flat White
Feeling grumpy in snowy winter? Come to get a flat white at Cafe Grumpy’s new Fashion District location. Owner is Australian, and their freshly baked goods come out daily.
200 West 39th Street, New York, NY
Cafe Grumpy has locations in Chelsea, LES and now Fashion District with roastery in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
6. [Chelsea] Blue Bottle Coffee - Siphon Brew
Blue Bottle barista or Mustache Panda has better ‘stache? get the Siphon Brew at 66 Mint Plaza or W 15th in Chelsea NYC.
The photo at the bottom was taken in Blue Bottle SF Mint Plaza, but you can also get siphon brew in NYC Chelsea.
450 West 15th Street, New York, NY
Blue Bottle Coffee has 5 locations in NYC (Williamsburg, Highline, Chelsea, Rockefeller Center and now Hell’s Kitchen)
7. [West Village] Stumptown Coffee Roaster - Cold Brew
Mustache Panda visited Joung at the Stumptown Coffee Roaster’s West Village spot. Get a cold brew but feel the warm heart. :)
W. 29th – 18 W 29th Street
W. 8th – 30 W 8th Street
8. [Midtown East] LIttle Collins - Mod Bar + Brekkie
Named after a Little Collins Street in Melbourne, Little Collins NYC has quickly gained popularity since its opening its summer. Check out their ModBar Espresso Machine that you can rarely see in NYC.
Mustache Panda loves to grab Big Dill Sandwich for Brekkie and Mograbieh & Cannellini Bean Salad for lunch with a cup of soy latte. Besides cofee, the food is seriously good.
667 Lexington Ave, between 55th st & 56th st, New York, NY
9. [Korean Town] Grace Street - Hod-dunk (Korean Donut)
Korean Town finally has an “Asian hipster” coffee bar that carries Toby’s and Sightglass beans. Try the new “cronut” in town, hod-dunk (korean donut), a scallion muffin (savory) with a cortado, soy latte or cold brew.
17 W 32nd St, New York, NY
Mustache Panda has black and white colors, so is birch tree. We are fan of Birch’s logo and package design of coffee from their own roaster. UWS location open soon :)
5 East 27th Street, New York, NY
56 7th Ave, New York, NY
11. [East Village] Wayside Cafe - Coffee by Day & Wine by Night
a low-key, minimalist yet hip spot in East Village to meet friends, study or enjoy a cup of hand-crafted coffee drink & a selection of food from kale salad, hummus platter to Brazilian cheese bread Pao De Queijo. Intelligentsia and Irving Farm espresso beans can be found.
During CoffeeLoveCrawl, Miguel demonstrated 3 types of pourover - Kalita, Bee House and Chemex for a group of Chinese friends.
139 E 12th St, New York, NY
b/t 4th Ave & 3rd Ave
12. [East Village] Hi-Colar Japanese Cafe - Flirting with the West
Tiny Tokyo style coffee bar in East Village. If you look through Instagram, cannot miss these pancake-like Hot Cakes with Aeropress, Siphon or Japanese Iced Coffee.
Panda is so happy that he is now floating in the soy milk jar.
214 East 10th St.New York, NY
13. [East Village] Blue Bird Coffee Shop - Biscuit Sandwich
1st Street & 1st Ave has Mustache Panda’s East Village favorite coffee shop that offers delicious food. Take a quick around and you know what to order - the famous Biscuit Sandwich!
72 E 1st St, New York, NY
14. [NoHo] Gasoline Alley Coffee - Espresso and the Red Bike
Here in NoHo, Gasoline Alley Coffee is one of Mustache Panda’s favorite. Intelligentsia beans can be found here. Besides getting an espresso, their hanging red bike and unique light bulbs cannot be missed. Having doors on both sides make efficient use of the small yet cozy space.
331 Lafayette Street, New York, NY
15. [TrBeCa] Kaffe 1668 - good coffee and good food with sheep around
With 2 locations in Tribeca, Kaffe 1668 is known for not only its iconic sheep logo and decorations. Kaffe 1668 offers good coffee and a well-prepared breakfast/lunch menu for a casual lunch in TriBeCa. Downstairs space is often quite for study.
[Try a Cortado with SWEET POTATO KALE SALAD]
roasted garlic sweet potato, pinto beans, avocado, red onion and dried cranberries on mixed greens and kale
16. [Financial District] Blue Stone Lane - Avocado Smash
With 2 locations in Fidi and Midtown East, Melbourne-influenced Bluestone Lane’s authentic Aussie coffee drinks and well thought-out decorations bring a refreshing breeze that a coffee break deserves.
Be prepared to immerse yourself in Aussie culture and order in Aussie ways (Flatwhite, Piccolo, Long Black) from good-looking baristas in light-blue shirts and dark-blue apron. You will leave with a desire to come back for an authentic coffee experience more than the caffeine itself.
You can’t go wrong with an almond milk flat white/ piccolo and avocado smash.
805 3rd Avenue, New York, NY
30 Broad Street, New York,NY
17. [Williamsburg] Toby’s Estate - from Sydney to Brooklyn, now in Flatiron
As a Williamsburg favorite, Toby’s Estate stands out with its high ceiling, industrial space with vintage display on the shelves. Mustache Panda loves Toby’s coffee, but also its selection of yummy and healthy food, such as Kale Salad or Salmon sandwich.
Now it opened in Flatiron sharing space with Strand Book and Club Monaco. Mustache Panda finds its white and wooden combination comes with a premium touch.
160 Fifth Avenue,New York, NY
125 North 6th Street, Brooklyn, New York
18. [East Williamsburg] Beaner Bar - Mexican Latte
Mustache Panda has gone to hundreds of coffee bars, but not until this past weekend did he have a Mexican Latte made by Davey at Beaner Bar. It reminded him of the Ipsento Cayenne Pepper Latte he had in Chicago.
447 Graham Ave, Bklyn NY
- Four people were arrested after Trump supporters and protesters clashed during a "Make America Great Again" rally in California.
- The deadly Westminster attack that left four people dead Wednesday began and was over with in 82 seconds, police said Saturday.
- People in Belarus took to the streets and opposed a "social parasites" tax on people who have been unemployed for six months.
- Heads up, Harry Potter fans. You can now get Butterbeer ice cream at your grocery store 🍦✨