These creamy passionfruit and lime cheesecakes are free from gluten, wheat, dairy, and refined sugar. AND they're vegan. AND AND they're super delicious. In you're in London, you'll have seen prepackaged nutritious treats from the charming local vendor Pollen + Grace on the high street, but here's how to DIY.
For the base:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup brazil nuts
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
- 100g coconut oil, melted
- pinch of salt
1. Blitz all the nuts in a food processor until fine
2. Mix in the desiccated coconut and coconut sugar
3. Rub in the coconut oil in with fingers
4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper, spread the mixture on the tray and bake for 10-15mins, until golden brown
5. Leave to cool whilst making the filling
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked overnight)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup coconut oil
- juice and zest of 5 limes
- jucie and zest of 5 lemons
* 4 passion fruits
1. Melt the cup of coconut oil then add all the ingredients except the passionfruit to a food processor
2. Blitz until smooth
These can be made as either individual portions or a larger cheesecake. For pots, use individual ramekins, or for a larger cheesecake, use a loose-sided baking tin. We recommend individual pots for a fuss-free picnic option!
1. Evenly add the base to the bottom and press down until firm and even
2. Add the filling to the top and smooth down until even
3. Finally, add the pulp of half a passionfruit to the top of each cheesecake if individual, or over the whole cheesecake if making one large cheesecake.
4. Leave in the fridge to chill and thicken before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Pollen + Grace.
Looking for something quick and dirty? This cheesy bread bowl should do it.