34 Pieces Of Under-$30 Decor If Your Space Could Use An Upgrade
Or if you simply *want* (but don't necessarily need) an update.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A mini recreation of Michelangelo's David which you can use as a statement piece, bookend, vase, or even a makeup brush holder because your looks are absolutely a work of art.
Promising review: "Obsessed! I received this today and I’m in love with it. I was going to use it for my makeup brushes but it’s deeper than I thought so I went out and bought some lovely miniature roses to put in it. It adds the perfect touch of class to my room. It doesn’t come with the blush painted on the cheeks (like the product photo) which I prefer. Will be buying more to use as bookends." —Addie
Get it from Amazon for $13.99.
3. A hammered gold moon phase garland if your space could use some witchy (think a la Stevie Nicks) energy.
Promising review: "Everything you’d expect it to be. Such a delicate and elegant feature for all us moon children out there. This shop is also exceptional in everything they do (at least from the three products I’ve bought from them so far they are extremely thoughtful in everything from packaging to follow-up, plus knowing I’m supporting a woman-owned small business is really the cherry on top of personal satisfaction besides the great product itself. Highly recommend 👌🙌👍" —fernanda kaufmann
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
4. A ceramic lips planter that makes me think of both The Rolling Stones and The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Basically, it makes me want to throw open the windows, enjoy the breeze, and sing along (badly) to songs that I only know 50% off the lyrics to.
5. A tasseled throw you can cuddle up underneath when the world is just too much to bear. Then, when you're done, you can artfully arrange it on the arm of your sofa.
Promising review: "I ordered the black background with white nubbys. Arrived timely and packaged well. It is beautiful and exactly as described. It is light weight and really not suitable for snuggling up and keeping warm, but I will be using it on my bed as accent decor only, so it is perfect!" —Baby It's Cold Outside
Get it from Amazon for $26.07+ (available in four colors).
6. A crescent-shaped catchall dish that'll not only add a little somethin' somethin' to your entryway console or dresser, but give you a place to home random knickknacks that looks a little more purposeful than wherever they were strewn about before.
7. A trio of starburst mirrors capable of zhuzhing up any bare wall space. You can even get multiple packs and create a whole gallery wall that'll not only add visual interest, but throw lots of light.
Promising review: "Love, love, love these!!! They arrived quickly and packaged really well — which was a concern of mine. But they are sturdy and actually have a lil weight to them. Looks great as a good accent in my bathroom but I could order more to put around the rest of my house!" —Rachel Knight
Get them from Amazon for $14.99 (available in four finishes).
8. A soy candle that comes in a simply gorge vessel you can totally repurpose after your burn through it. And before you say "Chelsea, it's almost $30 for a candle!!!," yes, I'm aware, but this sucker burns for ~90~ freakin' hours.
Promising review: "This is hands down one of my favorite scents from this line. The smell is heavenly. It, of course, smells like rose but not an annoying, heady smell. The other earthy notes in the candle add some depth to it to help smooth it out. It’s not perfume-y either. In my opinion, it’s hard to get a rose-scented candle right but the brand hits the nail on the head. As always from this brand, the packaging is stunning. Not cheap either, it’s nice and heavy. Definitely worth the price tag, plus all of their jars are reusable. Also, they burn evenly! I always burn mine for at least two hours at a time. I’ll definitely be sticking with this brand." —Adriane
Get it from Amazon for $29.99 (available in two scents).
9. A woven basket that not only looks cute, but is deep enough to hide every item you've been too lazy to actually put away. Shoes, cords to your electronics, random unmatched socks, and that stack of mail you *swear* you'll eventually go through can all be hidden at the bottom of this bad boy!
Get it from Amazon for $23.99+ (available in two sizes).
11. A self-watering elevated planter that not only matches your aesthetic, but ensures your succulent stays in tip-top shape even if you forget about it for a few weeks.
So, how does the magical planter work, you ask? Well, there's a reservoir in the bottom that can hold up to 0.4 gallons of water and the second your plant gets thirsty, it can draw H2O up through an absorbent cotton rope. As the reviewer notes below, it also has a built-in sensor that will beep at you the second it runs out of water.
Promising review: "I absolutely love this! The price is just right and the alarm beeps when the water is low which is perfect for me because sometimes i get off my watering schedule! I will definitely be ordering more just wish there were more colors." —Nichole Price
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
12. A frameless mirror in a trendy amorphous shape that looks so ~aesthetic~ when artfully arranged behind your luxe candles, eau de parfums, and serums.
14. A wireless library light you can position over your impressive book collection or favorite family portrait. This thing costs less than 30 bucks but it'll transform your den into a museum-worthy exhibit.
The portrait lights are battery-operated and wireless so you don't have to worry about hiring an electrician or doing any installation your self. Each unit runs off of three AAAs (get a 36-pack here before you forget!) and an included remote lets you set the light to different brightnesses and schedule a timer for 15, 30, 60, or 120 minutes.
PS: If you're going for an antique look but don't have the budget to buy vintage, I saw a TikToker DIY these with some gold Rub 'n Buff metallic finish and an old makeup brush and it looked truly incredible!
Promising review: "For the price you can’t beat it. Super easy to install and lightweight. The gold had a slight orange tint to it, so be mindful of that. I actually just taped over the light and spray painted ours with gold spray paint I had left over and then they were absolutely perfect." —Paris Seder
Get it from Amazon for $27.99 (available in three colors).
15. A cheery throw pillow with bright daisies that appeal to both child me — who grew up in the Lisa Frank-era — and adult me, who often wishes I could return to simpler times with puppy-print pencil case.
16. A bouquet of dried pampas grass that totally nails the au natural, bohemian look you've been longing to achieve. Plus, you don't have to water them! Win win.
17. A lidded stoneware dish — in a delightful shade of sage or blush — where you can store keys, coins, scrunchies, or even dog treats if your pup is the real driving force behind your home decor.
18. A solid brass cabinet knob ready to take your '90s, builder-grade kitchen to mid-century modern glory. Attention, everyone whose ever been on House Hunters! Yes, some fresh paint and fixtures can really make a world of a difference.
Redefine Hardware is a Fort Lauderdale, Florida-based shop with all sorts of modern brass — you guessed it! — hardware.
Promising review: "These knobs are beautiful. The customer service and contact was above and beyond. We will be using Redefine Hardware again." —Keaton Alexander
19. A ceramic vase with abstract etched faces that catch the eye and hold it. Use it as a centerpiece on your dining room table or on an entryway console where it can compliment your trinket tray and other accessories.
20. An amber bubble vase that is straight heirloom quality. Not to be morbid or anything, but you'll need to specify who it's left to in your will or there may be a big ol' family fight that trickles down generation after generation.
21. A wooden beaded garland you can wrap around candles, vases, doorknobs, you name it. No, there really is no ~functional~ point to them, but come on, look how cute they are!
Promising review: "Love, love, love! It’s the perfect farmhouse accent! It’s versatile and very pretty. It’s not long enough to run my mantle length, but I’ve had several uses for it so far. It just brings pretty to any space you want to pop. It’s thick, but not too thick either, and the beads are smooth and well-made." —May@36
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
22. A colorful yin yang candle so freakin' cute, you won't ever burn it. That said, you will keep it dusted and in eyesight at all times for maximum enjoyment.
Paige Torres' Shop for Love Club sells a bunch of candles (tea lights, pillars, jars) that encourage self care.
Promising review: "LOVE, LOVE, LOVE I ordered three of them for me and my best friends and they all love it so much!! The colors are beautiful and so is the quality! Thank youuuu." —Paniz
23. A velvet shell pillow that looks like the one your favorite IG influencer has, but at a mere ~fraction~ of the cost.
24. A concrete catchall dish hand-poured in the shape of, well, hands! Use it to store jewelry, keys, and coins, or as a home for tea lights.
Made by Rheal is a Black- and queer-owned business based in Oakland, CA. Rheal's pieces include jewelry, blankets, pots, coasters, and more.
Promising review: "This little beauty is everything I hoped it would be! It’s on the small side, but it’s perfect for rings or other tiny treasures and I absolutely love looking at it every day. It’s well-crafted and was packed with so much care. I’m looking for excuses to buy more!" —amberandhoneycomb
25. A set of three modern pillow covers that look like you bought each of them individually and thoughtfully so as to make sure they all suit each other. Ofc looks are deceiving and the reality is much simpler — they come in a pre-curated pack.
Promising review: "I LOVE these pillow cases. I’ve been shopping around for something with a boho touch for a while and finally found these. I love that I can take them off to wash. They feel great and are made with great quality. The price point you can’t beat either for three pillow cases. I would definitely recommend!" —Josh
Get the three-piece set from Amazon for $29.97.
26. An acrylic vinyl holder so it'll be immediately apparent what great taste in music you have. Dolly Parton, Fleetwood Mac, and Bowie right up front?? Color me impressed.
Promising review: "This item is the perfect addition to my record storage! I can easily flip through my favorite records without causing any damage to them. At first I didn't believe this would be strong enough to flip through up to 50 records and have them hold on the acrylic end piece. I was very wrong! This item is sturdy and strong. I started off just buying just one to see if I would like it and ended up getting another almost immediately. I have many different storage options for my vinyl and this is absolutely my current favorite!" —Kohl
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in six finishes).
27. A set of removable tile decals you can slap on over tired stairs. They look like legit tiles sourced from Portugal or Morocco but they take less than 10 minutes to apply.
Quadrostyle is a woman-founded brand from Aussie designer Gabrielle Morabia. With operations based in Bali and an HQ in the South of France, Quadrostyle embraces all corners of the globe and takes inspiration from the traditional tiles found in the Mediterranean, Latin America, and Scandinavia.
Promising review: "What a great upgrade to my very old, tired stairs — the product shipped quickly, was very forgiving as I worked with it, and it only took a couple hours to complete the project. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out!" —Valerie
28. A gold decorative tray where you can display skincare, stemware, or just give yourself a dedicated space to throw the stuff that has no home.
29. A eucalyptus shower bunch to make your bathroom feel like a straight-up spa. If you have guests coming over, leave the shower curtain open just a ~smidge~ so they can admire your incredible taste (and the fragrance, obvi).
Charlotte, North Carolina-based Etsy shop Eucalyptus Blooms sells all sorts of fragrant products from scented potpourri and sachets to lavender-infused loofahs and soaps.
Promising review: "So impressed! It made such a difference in my shower. It was a major upgrade to the space and the experience. Arrived in great condition and looks just like pictures. Plus the included hook made for quick, easy and sturdy hanging. Highly recommend!" —Tara Finkelstein
30. A lightweight, easy-to-install ceiling medallion that will make you feel like you live in a French chateaux and not just next door to a White Castle.
The lightweight medallions can be cut, drilled, glued, or screwed to fit your space. Many reviewers note that they attached the medallion with double-sided tape before installing their light fixture which is what ultimately holds it in place.
Promising review: "This is amazing. It looks SO beautiful in my dining room. It's lightweight and easily held up by the light fixture we chose but could be stuck on with double-sided tape if you wanted. I love this. It adds so much character! I found others in big name hardware stores for around $50+... this was a great price and super quick shipping! Better than I imagined... would order again for SURE!! It's perfection!!! We get so many compliments on it!" —Jade Frost
Get it from Amazon for $22.99+ (available in 50 finishes).
31. A velvet cover so you can hide your couch's god-awful floral upholstery which can only be described as Kim Kardashian at the 2013 Met Gala (shudder). The sofa may be ugly, but it was free from your grandma and with this, it'll be like brand-new.
The cover comes in three different sizes which stretch to fit chairs, loveseats, sofas, oversized sofas, and recliners.
Promising review: "The price for what you get is unmatched. I love this cover! I do wish it came with straps and more foam but it was easily fixable. I got some cheap foam and straps from Hobby Lobby and sewed the elastic straps to the underside of the bottom cover and tied it down underneath the couch. Easy fix, doesn’t budge now and its so cute!" —Amber Motley-Wackett
Get it from Amazon for $33.99+ (available in three sizes and 11 colors).
32. A set of assorted air plants that don't require much care, but look so good, people will assume they're waited on hand and foot.
The air plants don't need to be potted in the traditional sense, but you can place them in a terrarium or a hanging shelf. To keep them nice and bright, just soak them in lukewarm water every two-ish weeks for ~five minutes.
Promising review: "All eight plants arrived very vibrant and healthy. I received about four different types — two of each. Varying sizes; very pleased with the diversity." —Jamie
Get a set of eight from Home Depot for $24.98.
33. An acacia cheese paddle on which you can serve delicious fromage one moment, and then display it artfully on your kitchen counter the next.
Promising review: "The charcuterie board is high quality and the order shipped super fast! The wood feels heavy and solid, and is quite smooth. It looks much more expensive than it was. Highly recommend if you are looking for a nice charcuterie/cheese board!" —@throughkelseyslens
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
34. And a set of geode bookends sure to draw some serious attention to your collection and make certain everything stays in its place. PS: The bottoms have rubber bumpers, so they won't scrape your bookshelf.
Promising review: "Love it — the rocks are BEAUTIFUL. Showed up on time and these are great book holders. I have them across my fireplace mantle and have had nothing but compliments. Highly recommended for the crystal quality and I’ll definitely be ordering more in other colors in the future. Thanks." —Gage
Get a pair from Amazon for $27.99 (available in six colors and four weights).