1. Murad's ~brand new~ Correct & Protect Serum Broad Spectrum SPF 45 helps correct existing discoloration and prevent hyperpigmentation in order to "future-proof" your skin. Added beet root extract also ensures it absorbs quickly and invisibly so you don't show up to brunch looking like Casper the Friendly Ghost.
PS: The mineral-based formula protects against UVA, UVB, blue light, and pollution plus it was clinically tested on Fitzpatrick skin types 1 through 6 and proven not to leave a white cast.
I just started using this and so far I am really loving it! I know that SPF is a key part of any skincare routine but I have been guilty of leaving it out because my skin is oily and I HATE the way regular sunscreen leaves me feeling greasy. That said, I've developed melasma in recent years so it's become even more essential that I protect my skin. The fact that this is formulated as a serum makes allll the difference. It absorbs so quickly that I don't have to wait minutes between finishing my skincare/makeup routine, either, so I have no excuse to skip it.
Get it from Murad for $69.
2. Youthforia's Pregrame Primer — formulated from sebum-reducing botanicals and plant-based ingredients — glides on skin and prevents your moisturizers/serums/other fancy skincare from evaporating. Use it as the last step in your skincare routine and whether you go makeup-free or do a full face, it'll leave your complexion bouncy, radiant, and ready for that lunchtime walk you planned your whole day around.
Youthforia is an Asian woman-owned small biz that aims to make makeup that's so good for your skin you can sleep in it. The founder, Fiona Co Chan, even tested the brand's blush by sleeping in it for two months! They are passionate about being environmentally friendly and not using fossil fuels or gross toxins in their products.
I have been using this for a few weeks now and I'm in love. Whether I decide to wear makeup or not, I always slather on a few pumps of this at the end of my skincare routine (following cleanser/primer/moisturizer) to lock in hydration. And when I do wear foundation and the works, it creates the perfect base to build on (no oxidization whatsoever 😊 ). I have oily skin so primers are very hit or miss for me but this doesn't leave me greasy — after a few seconds it honestly feels like I'm wearing nothing at all.
3. Saie Glowy Super Gel will have your skin radiant whether added to your foundation or used alone as a primer. Heck, you can even slap some on your arms and legs if you're looking for all-over dewiness and too impatient to wait for consistent spring sunshine.
Saie is a woman-founded small business based in NYC that strives to create clean beauty for all. High-performance products with sustainable packaging and good, clean ingredients is their motto.
Promising review: "I have very sensitive skin, and I have to be really particular about the base products I use (no silicones or waxes, no powders). The ingredients in this are perfect; it's such a lightweight texture, and it just gives a beautiful natural sheen to the skin. I use it every day now, and I feel like the bottle will last me a long time, so it's also a great value!" —Sarah M.
Get it from Saie for $25 (available in two shades).
4. Volition Beauty's AM/PM Duo promises ☀️ radiant ☀️ skin with a two-punch Strawberry-C Serum and Hibiscus Unspottable Oil. Apply the first in the morning for some instant glow, and then use the latter at night for extra dark-spot correction.
Promising review: "I wish I would have taken before and after pictures. I’ve only been using this about two straight weeks now but already I see such a difference with this. My skin is soft, dewy, and clear. This has helped so much with my acne scars. Absolutely recommend. I will be restocking when I run out." —Whendee66
Get it from Volition Beauty for $72 (originally $103).
5. TruSkin Vitamin C Serum wards off wrinkles, evens out dark spots, and helps brighten your overall complexion with a 🍃 plant-based 🍃 blend of ingredients including hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, witch hazel, and jojoba oil. And don't let the tiny bottle fool you — it'll be around for the long haul.
Promising reviews: "My search for an amazing serum is finally over. I just purchased my third bottle and I am hooked! My skin looks flawless and I have been getting so many compliments about how great I look. My skin glows as if I just walked out of a spa treatment. A little goes along way, the bottle usually last me about 3.5 months. I use it every morning and every night. Thank you for his amazing product!" —jaime handley
Get if from Amazon for $19.99.
6. Olehenriksen's Lemonade Smoothing Scrub exfoliates skin, reduces the size of pores, and polishes your complexion with a mix of AHAs, sugar, and a spring-appropriate scent: lemon peel extract. 🍋
Promising review: "I have recommended it to so many other people who also love it as much as I do. I scrub my face for about two minutes and leave it on for 20. Once I wash off the scrub and dry my face, I see an instant glow, unbelievable softness to my skin, and no dryness at all. It is literally the holy-grail scrub for your skin!! Buy! Buy! Buyyy!!!" —Sephora reviewer
Get it from Sephora for $32.
7. First Aid Beauty's KP Bump Eraser Body Scrub gets rid of pesky "chicken skin" — aka those tiny bumps clinically known as keratosis pilaris — with glycolic and lactic acids as well as pumice buffing beads. After a good scrub down, the results will make you feel like you got a legitimate chemical peel!
Promising review: "I like to use an exfoliating scrub on my body every now and then, but it really didn't do anything for my KP bumps on my arms. I've used this now for the past month about one to two times a week, and honestly noticed a difference from the very first use. This is SO much better than a normal scrub, especially if you have KP bumps on your skin. My arms have never felt more smooth. Also, a little goes a long way, so this should last quite a while. I will definitely be repurchasing this." —nannerbuns
8. Kinship's Naked Apple Oil-Free Blemish Control Gel Cleanser is just the ticket if you're looking for a fresh spring scent and a formula that's down to deep clean your pores and kick acne to the curb.
This delightful product is filled with apple extract, niacinamide, lactic acid, and kinbiome (a plant-based probiotic). It is also vegan, certified "clean" (none of those forbidden chemicals), cruelty-free, and dermatologist tested.
I have very sensitive skin so switching cleansers is often risky business but Kinship’s new Naked Apple Cleanser hasn’t done me wrong!! It suds up really nicely and leaves my face feeling squeaky clean. TBH, my biggest concern was dryness because winter wreaks havoc around the corners of my eyes/nose (and sticks around till spring) but this deep cleans without stripping too much of my skin's natural oils/moisture. Best of all, though, the scent is freaking INTOXICATING. I wish I could eat it.
Get it from Kinship for $23.
9. Bella Skin Beauty's Eye Serum targets under-eye bags and dry skin with a handful of silky oils including: jojoba seed, grape seed, almond, evening primrose, and baobab. Just dab on a single drop (between both eyes) and follow with your go-to serum.
Bella Skin Beauty is a woman-owned small clean beauty brand from mother-daughter duo Diana Shneider and Alexandra Bella.
Promising review: "My eye area is sensitive and easily irritated because of the Retin A I use on my face. All eye creams, lotions, balms to date have increased its redness and flakiness. Not this eye serum which is light and soothing, though. It’s the best. One drop is all it takes for both eyes. No scent or oiliness. So this container will last a long time." —Beverly B.
Get it from Bella Skin Beauty for $36.
10. Isle of Paradise's Self-Tanning Drops lend your complexion a natural glow so you don't have to bother with BB creams or foundation. If the bottom half of your face is a different shade from months (errr, years) of mask wearing, mix a couple drops in with your moisturizer to even things out.
Promising review: "Sun-kissed glow is right! Nothing but compliments the first time I tried it! I used two drops with my moisturizer and it went on smoothly, and washed off of my hands leaving no streaks. I have already recommended to several friends and family! I like that the ‘light’ drops don’t make my face look orange. Just enough that I can wash my face, and it doesn’t completely fade and I can build from there each time I moisturize. I use two to four drops at a time, and it works great!" —LLHains
Get it from Sephora for $29 (available in three shades).
11. Neutrogena's Alcohol-Free Toner purifies and refreshes skin without drying it out. If your face is sick of feeling like SpongeBob in that one (super-uncomfy) ep where he refuses to ask Sandy for water, get this stuff ASAP — and don't use too much! A few drops is all you need.
12. The Inkey List Salycylic Acid Cleanser combines 2% salicylic acid + 0.5% allantoin + zinc compound to unclog pores, exfoliate, and reduce oil production. And diiiiid I mention this long-lasting bottle is only $10?!
13. Know Beauty's Bubbling Oxygen Mask brightens your complexion with a mix of goji berry, acai, and grape stem cells, resveratrol, and hydrolyzed silk. If you're unfamiliar, the ~TL;DR~ on those ingredients is that they help your skin retain moisture, fight off environmental aggressors, stimulate collagen production, and help repair damage caused by the sun. 🌞
Know Beauty was founded by Vanessa Hudgens and Madison Beer in partnership with their chief medical officer, Dr. Karen Kagha. To find a skincare regimen that reflects your skin goals and needs, take their one-minute skin diagnostic quiz.
I've been using this mask for about a month now and I seriously love it. I use it twice a week (as recommended) and have noticed my skin is much softer and glow-ier (let's just agree that's a word now). The bubbling effect is very gentle but refreshing and the whole thing feels super luxurious — even using only a pump or two at a time. I highly recommend it!
Promising review: "After using this mask I noticed that my skin did look brighter! It has a nice scent. You only need a thin layer. So I feel this product will last for a good bit in my skincare stash. Which is a plus!" —Ivy
Get it from Know Beauty for $30.
14. Peach Slices Gel Moisturizer delivers an instant wave of hydration with a silky formula that goes on more like a serum. The clean, fragrance-free product also calms, brightens, and evens out skin tone with the aid of annatto seeds, grapefruit, and honey. I ~personally~ use this year-round, but come spring and summer, I appreciate the lightweight formula even more.
Promising review: "This moisturizer has become my FAVE! It really makes your skin glow without looking greasy. It's so hydrating but lightweight. I can NOT believe this moisturizer is so inexpensive! I would buy this again over any of the $50+ moisturizers I've tried." —beatsbylizzie
Get it from Peach & Lilly for $11.99.
15. Saturday Skin's Rub-A-Dub Refining Peel Gel erases dull, patchy skin no matter the season. The papaya, pineapple, and aloe vera formula not only leaves your face softer and smoother, but smelling downright incredible!
Promising review: "This is by far the best product I’ve ever put on my face…like…I’m not kidding. I use it about twice a week — one minute or so each time with warm water. My skin is absolutely SO soft. You can see the dead skin coming off after a few circular motions and it’s so much more noticeably soft. My complexion looks A LOT better. I will always have this in my skincare collection. It’s great!" —Hannah B.
16. La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 Balm nourishes rough, dry, and irritated skin with tiger grass — a medicinal plant that aids with cell growth. And if you have sensitive skin, I have extra good news. This formula is *so* gentle, it can be used on babies as young as 1 week old!
Promising review: "This stuff is AMAZING. Slap a small amount on at the end of your skin routine and automatically have hydrated skin ALL DAY. My skin used to be super dry, cracked, and really red constantly, but after I got this…it all went away. It’s liquid gold. Do your skin a favor and get it!! The tube lasts me a solid four months, so it's definitely worth it." —Marisa
Get it from Amazon for $17.69.
17. Keys Soulcare's water-activated Be Luminous Exfoliator buffs away winter's dry and dead skin with a mix of gentle, antioxidant-rich ingredients including green tea, hojicha powder, mung beans, oats, and lactic acid. Based solely on Alicia Keys's complexion, I'd say that's a winning combination!
Promising review: "I was sooo surprised by this when I first received it. A POWDER EXFOLIATOR? Let me tell you it works; you activate it with water and it leaves this creamy with slight grittiness texture to it, which works amazing when you work it into your skin. It leaves your skin looking so fresh and glowy. I’m in love! Also you get sooo much in there it will last me ages! If I ever do run out I will definitely be repurchasing and recommend this to anyone as you will be surprised!" —Monika Bruce
18. Nooni's Marshmallow Whip Maker takes any ol' cleanser and suds it up into a marshmallow-like foam so you can make yourself look like the lead lady in a rom-com when she lowers herself into the *most* perfect bubble bath imaginable.
Promising review: "This thing is the bomb. Does exactly what it advertises. Makes a thick whipped cream/foam out of washes, making it economical as well as fun. It can 'soften' harsh washes to make the concoction gentler on skin. It's also great for mixing washes if you have two or more you'd like to combine for different effects. And, of course, a little goes a long, long way with this puppy. For the price, it's a steal — if you're into this kind of thing. Definitely give it a try if you're not sure. It's a really cool device." —KnockKnockMe
Get it from Amazon for $7.