1. A time-marked water bottle because hydration is super important and if you're sweating buckets, you've gotta be on top of that H20 intake!
This bb also comes with a latch lid that protects the spout so you don't have to touch it, which is especially handy when you're on the move.
Promising review: "I have to start by saying that I just don't enjoy drinking water, and for this reason I'm not very good at self-monitoring my water intake. The consequence of being dehydrated is just a terrible feeling, and so I've become really committed to the change of consistent hydration. This water bottle has really helped me. It is easy to fill, easy to drink from, easy to carry (since it fits in any standard cup holder or in my backpack pocket), and the markings on the bottle make it incredibly easy to monitor specifically where I am in my daily water intake. I like the carry strap, and the fact that I can drink with one hand if I'm driving. I would definitely recommend this." —Meow
Get it from Amazon for $19.95 (available in three colors).
2. A four-pack of static-clinging window shades that'll give your AC a helping hand when it comes to keeping your car a bearable temperature. Ofc they're also great for keeping the sun out of your kids' and fur babies' eyes!
Promising review: "We used this product on a 3-week cross-country camping trip in late August and early September and it made a huge difference in the 'real feel' temp of our truck. What I mean is that 77 may feel comfortable to the person in the shade but NOT to the person sitting in direct sun. These things were outstanding in blocking the sun — I didn't even have to use sunscreen on my legs and arms (I sunburn easily). I even used one in the driver's side window when I was driving on the interstate. I could still easily see approaching vehicles in my mirrors." —Brian Wilkinson
Get it from Amazon for $13.99.
3. A handheld fan so the SPF you so liberally applied doesn't melt off your face the second the sun hits it. Add it to your mental check list before you head out the door — you know, phone, keys, wallet...handheld fan — and you'll be good to go.
The fan has two speeds and can be recharged by any USB cable.
Promising review: "I have used this mini fan for more than three months now. It’s good quality and works well so far. The fan is small in size but powerful enough that it blows out a large amount of air. I took it with me to Disney World and thanks to this fan, I had a nice vacation and I will use it this whole summer. It’s really a life saver on really hot days — highly recommend!" —Cruz
Get it from Amazon for $11.99 (available in nine colors).
4. Or, if your pit stains laughed in the face of that device, a portable neck fan with three speed settings that are so powerful, you almost won't miss your central AC.
Depending on the setting you use, the fan can last four to sixteen hours. Once it needs to be recharged, just connect it to any USB cable.
Promising review: "This thing is great. I’m not sure how I delivered mail for 15 years without it. :-) I usually run it from about 10 o’clock until 3 o’clock every day and no issues with battery life. I charge it daily. It doesn’t suck in my hair, and it’s light enough that I don’t even notice it on my neck. I have since recommended it to several coworkers. The price is right, too. The only thing I wish is that it was adjustable or foldable because it does take up quite a bit of space in my backpack. Other than that, I would buy five more of these just to have backups." —J Frasle
Get it from Amazon for $28.99+ (available in five colors).
5. A triangular sail that'll bring your backyard some much-needed shade *and* drop the temperature a few degrees so you can actually enjoy the outdoors instead of worrying about sprouting a sweat stache.
The corners of the sails have D rings so you can attach them to whatever you'd like with your choice of hardware or rope.
Promising review: "Purchased this to increase privacy and provide some shade. The color is vibrant, hasn't faded, and the loops are well stitched. The sail has also faired well in winds, thunderstorms, monsoon rain, and the brutal heat of Vegas. Shade is wonderful and one can definitely feel the temperature difference from full sun to being under this sail. The look and feel compliments our pool area and will certainly be purchasing an additional one." —VHC Media
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in six sizes and 10 colors/patterns).
6. A satin-lined backless CurlCap made for anyone looking to rock their natural hair and shield their eyes from the sun. A stretchy, scrunchie-like band keeps your locks up and off of your neck but won't pinch.
CurlCap is a Black-owned apparel company founded by Britney Sade that specializes in caps designed for natural hair with an open back and flexible scrunchie design.
Promising review: "Good cap. My head circumference is 24" and the hat fits really good and is comfortable. I like the elastic band and also gives me shade in this hot Texas heat!" —GwenH
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in 25 styles).
7. A clever 10-foot-long misting system so you can actually enjoy the backyard you spent so much time making into an oasis. You can attach it to a patio umbrella, awning, balcony rail — you name it.
Promising review: "I love spending time outside and we entertain on our patio but when it's over 100 degrees nobody feels like visiting...till now! I bought one and liked it so much I ordered another to cover both patios. They lower the temps to a more moderate level and don't use 100 gallons of water doing it. I put mine along the top of our privacy fence and then put a fan in behind it and made it almost like having an AC unit outside. Easy to put up and take down, convenient hanging hooks, too!" —Sonya Combs
Get it from Amazon for $22.99.
8. A dual hot/cold rice pack you can place in the freezer and then on your forehead or neck so you don't feel like a rotisserie chicken when you're out in the sun. When winter rolls around, you can also pop it in the microwave to use as a heat pack.
Beloved Packs is a Michigan-based, Black woman-owned small business established in 2016 that specializes in hot and cold therapy packs for pain and stress relief. For warmth, you can place it in the microwave for two to four minutes; for cold, put it in the freezer for at least one hour.
Promising review: "I have been using it cold so far since it’s summertime. It is awesome as an ice pack! Holds the temp for a long time and doesn’t sweat like other ice packs. I’m sure it will be equally awesome as a hot pack." —tava g.
9. Some Spot My UV's SPF-detecting stickers which give you a heads up when it's time to reapply sunscreen if that's something you are ~famously~ bad at doing.
The waterproof patches last 12 hours or through six applications of sunscreen — whichever comes first. When purple, it's time to reapply and when clear, you're good to go!
Promising review: "As a person some call a day walker, I am in LOVE with the concept of these — I cannot tell you how many times I asked myself the question 'should I put on more sunscreen?' when it's too late... and I'm as red as a lobster. When I read the description, I just had to buy them. Big fan of the packaging and portability, really ingenious idea. According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, yearly there are 5.4+ million cases of skin cancer are treated in more than 3.3 million people... and it's time to start being better. They just arrived in the mail and my wife and I immediately put one on and lathered up with sunscreen and are sitting in the front yard — putting them to the test! Here is to a happier, healthier, future ahead!" —CopperStad
Get them from Amazon for $15.99+ (available in packs of 16, 32, and 48).
10. A swiveling UPF 50 plus protection umbrella (with an adjustable clamp) you can bring to the beach or even just use on your deck. That way, you don't end up with third-degree burns after taking a cat nap that turned into four (count 'em — four) solid hours.
Psst — a lot of reviewers swear by this for easy hands-free shade solutions for strollers and wheelchairs as well!
Promising review: "I love this! I brought it along for the Fourth of July Parade on a very hot day and attached it to my chair. Not only did it cool me off by about 30 degrees (I think it was close to 100 in the sun), but it ALSO could be all adjusted so the shade fell over me without all of the people walking back and forth on the sidewalk behind my chair constantly bumping into it (which would have happened with a big round umbrella). The clamp is very well made and clamped very securely to my chair with a minimum of effort." —Kindle Customer
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in two sizes and eight colors).
11. An inflatable pool that — according to reviewers — is rugged enough to withstand jumping toddlers, large dogs, and even inclement weather.
Don't forget to get an electric pump too!
Promising review: "This pool is perfect! It was easy to inflate with a small inflater pump. After opening and laying it out, my large dog just had to walk and lie on it, so I could see it was pretty durable. Once I filled it, which took maybe 30 minutes, it was ready for use. I would totally recommend buying this pool! Fun for kids and adults like myself who want to watch the sunset with a glass of wine and a refreshing soaking. Happy pool-buying!" —Pamela
Get it from Amazon for $59.99+ (available in two sizes).
12. A 4-quart ice cream maker so you can whip up some mint chocolate chip froyo right at home — no need to leave the sweet, sweet embrace of your AC.
13. A cooling body spray made with ingredients you can 100% pronounce! (Pure essential oils, water, and witch hazel.) Spritz it on whenever you're getting clammy and it'll help ya cool off before you start spraying sweat like you're in a Cathy comic.
Rooted Earth is a Maine-based small biz established in 2013 that specializes in small batch skin care and herbal apothecary goods.
Promising review: "This spray is so lovely and refreshing! It smells fantastic, seems to be genuinely very high quality and helps so much with cooling off (I run hot and find heat stressful). The packaging was also adorable and handmade, which made me feel like a valued customer :)." —April Wilson
*Another* promising review: "Absolutely love this product and this company!!! Cannot recommend highly enough. This spray helps immediately when hot flashes start; I keep it in my purse and on my nightstand at all times. It was delivered in great condition, and clearly made, packaged and sent with love. Very happy I found this product and company." —Shalin Carter
14. A trampoline sprinkler because last time you checked, Blizzard Beach tickets are wayyyy out of your budget and this baby is less than $20. Who know's what's in that water anyways...
Promising review: "This is awesome!!! Before we found this, the kids were using the hose to stay cool on the trampoline. The hose always turned into a fight — who got to hold it, someone getting sprayed in the face, etc. Now the kids can stay cool and fight about other things! Absolutely recommend this product as it was super easy to set up and makes for a fun way to cool down in the Arizona heat!" —Groveland
Get it from Amazon $14.99+ (available in five styles).
15. An insulated, double-walled can cooler so your adult bevvies don't go from ice-cold to tepid in two seconds flat. Idk about you, but I think I'd rather swallow a little sea water than drink a warm Bud Light.
This fits a standard 12-ounce slim can, and was designed to still be able to fit in car cup holders. It'll keep drinks icy cold for several hours, and twenty times colder than a standard neoprene can cooler.
Get it from BrüMate for $24.99 (available in 53 colors/designs).
16. A cooling towel that'll be your best buddy whenever hiking, fishing, tanning, or doing your outdoor activity of choice. Soak it in some cold water, wring it out, and toss it around your neck so you *don't* end up looking like a freshly boiled lobster.
Promising review: "I use this towel for pretty much everything now! It has kept me cool during my gym workouts, and makes all my hikes and camping trips much more enjoyable since I’m not burning up in the sun. I wish I could rate this product even higher because of how amazing it is." —Mike Grady
Get it from Amazon for $13.97.