We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A set of silicone stove counter gap covers so you won't attract unwanted critters after flinging pasta into the half-inch crevice for the third time this week. We all know nobody is actually cleaning it out (don't try to lie to us), so go ahead and do yourself a favor.
The covers just slip right into the gap — there's no adhesive involved — so you can easily remove and clean them whenever necessary.
Promising review: "I've been using these for about a week on my new freestanding range. When they removed my old range, I was really surprised to see how much stuff had slipped through! Now, when I cook, I can see the splatters and seasonings left on the silicone that would have fallen between the stove and the counter. These gap fillers really do clean up easily, too. Although they are that extra thing to clean, I prefer that to knowing there's a mess hiding in the cracks." —JMom
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $10.95+ (available in three sizes and colors).
2. A simply genius beard bib you can throw on and suction cup to your bathroom mirror when it's time for a trim. That way, you don't shower your shared vanity with spiky lil' hairs that are IMPOSSIBLE to get off of your bar soap and toothbrush.
Promising review: "Finally bought this for my husband, and I’m not sure why I waited so long. He would always shave over a towel, ball the towel up to 'clean it up when he got home from work,' forget to tell me, and then I’d see it on the bathroom floor or counter, pick it up to throw it in the washer (unaware of what surprise was inside), and beard hair would go EVERYWHERE. My husband can fully shave and then he basically has a full beard again three days later, so this happened more times than I’d like to admit. PEOPLE, DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR AND BUY THIS NOW!" —Ashley Flaga
Get it from Amazon for $11.12+ (available in three colors and five styles).
3. An eco-friendly carpet and upholstery deodorizer to hide the fact that you've dumped lo mein on your communal living room rug not once, not twice, but thrice.
Promising review: "Great for dog odors on fabric! We sprinkled it on the couch cushions and put them in trash bags. We shook the bags and let sit for an hour or so. We used the hose of our vacuum and sucked out the air (like you're vacuum sealing). The cushions plumped right up and smelled gorgeous for several weeks. Our very allergic daughter had no problems sitting on the sofa. We also sprinkled on carpets for great deodorizing. Fine powder that goes a long way. Adding this to our regular Amazon purchases!" —Pam
Get it from Amazon for $20.99.
4. A tub of The Pink Stuff, which can clean anything you throw at it — pots and pans, stove tops, showers, and even that Mountain Dew spill you "forgot about" in the fridge.
Check it out on TikTok here!
Promising reviews: "Found this product on TikTok. I don’t think I’ve ever seen value like I do in this product! Literally use it on EVERYTHING!! Kids and teens have dirt, grime, and grease on their walls? This will make it look like a new paint job. Baseboards need some love? A pea-size amount of this makes them look brand new. Need a shoe cleaner? PERFECT for sneakers. I could name a million more uses, but I can ASSURE you this is worth every penny. What’s more? You need such LITTLE of this product, it will last a VERY long time. Thank you, TikTok!!!" —Rachel in CLT
"Of course, I purchased this stuff after seeing it on TikTok. My roommates were a little skeptical about the hype around it, but I bit the bullet and purchased it. Now, they can't get enough of this stuff. Gunk they have been trying to remove for years was wiped away with little to no effort when they used this product! It is a little pricey for a cleaning product, but a little goes a long way! We have used it on everything and still have so much left in the container. I am even thinking of gifting this to people during the holidays!" —Cassie
Get it from Amazon for $5.97+ (available in two sizes).
5. A cozy armchair with a liquid-repelling base and stain-resistant, machine-washable upholstery so no mess — be it a splash of wine or a fully dumped bowl of chili — will take it out of commission. And if (AKA when) you feel like switching up your style, you can choose between 30+ interchangeable covers!
Levity is a new sister brand to Ruggable and chances are, if you regularly stain your rug, staining your chair may be an issue, too! I live with two cats and an incredibly clumsy boyfriend, so when I picked up the Levity Classic Lounge Chair in off white, I wasn't so sure it'd live up to its claims. Alas, I've had it for a few months now and cat fur, ketchup, and miscellaneous stains have been no match for this baby! And, as a bonus, the slip covers fit in my portable washing machine — another necessity since I live in NYC and don't have easy access to a full-size machine. The chair only took me 20 minutes or so to construct (I used Levity's handy dandy instructional video), and it's super comfy, roomy, and matches my mid-century style sofa with its walnut legs. Needless to say, I am a happy camper and am looking forward to buying a second cover in a different color so I can change it out seasonally!
Promising review: "I was hesitant with the price but I finally just bit the bullet and got it since my dogs go all over our furniture. I think they use it more than I do! It was easy to put together alone, and I am so pleased that it's machine washable. No buyers' remorse here." —Lauren L.
Get it from Levity for $659 (available in 30+ colors/prints).
6. A shower curtain liner with pockets because sharing a single bathroom with other adults leaves you little space to store your stuff on the edge of the tub.
FYI the curtain has nine mesh pockets, which are able to hold items up to 1 pound each, so just don't go throwing a mega-size conditioner in there, okay?
Promising review: "I think it was on a listicle article for useful bathroom products. Not the best use of my time at work, but I digress. I ordered this, set it up, and immediately fell in love. I live in a cramped little apartment I share with several other girls. There's almost no space for any of my personal bath stuff, and I also knock over a lot of my roommates' stuff in the process of getting in. I let the girls know they were free to put their stuff in, too, and about a week or so later every one had migrated their stuff in the curtain! It holds well, keeps items dry, and clears space in your shower so it feels a little calmer and more soothing. I honestly love this thing, and it's held up pretty well. I've had it a couple of months so far and I foresee this lasting for a good amount of time." —g. castro
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in two styles).
Read our full review of the shower curtain liner with pockets (#2).
7. Or — if that's simply not enough — a two pack of corner shower caddies so you can gives all of your shampoos and scrubs a solid place (aka not on the floor of said shared tub) to call home.
The rustproof stainless-steel caddies come with suction mounts, so installation is easy peasy.
Promising review: "I got these for the shower in my apartment because it has no shelves, and my roommates and I have a LOT of products. They are soooo helpful with keeping the shower organized, and they're super easy to clean. I have to say I did not read the instructions when installing them, so this might have just been a me problem, oopsie, BUT advice for anyone else who doesn't read directions — MAKE SURE your stickers are the right distance from the corner of the wall and level. Mine were not, and now, my shelves are a little crooked, which is fine just not super aesthetically pleasing. Overall, great product." —Lea
Get it from Amazon for $20.99+ (available in two sizes and five finishes).
8. An Angry Mama microwave cleaner that, once filled with water and a dash of vinegar, will steam clean the grimiest of appliances. Hot Pocket grease, butter splatters, and burnt popcorn smells are no match for her.
Promising review: "My daughter cooked ramen noodles for three minutes without any water. Needless to say, it was burnt and almost caught fire. I have scrubbed the microwave and couldn’t get the horrible smell out to the point it was giving me a headache. After several days I decided to ordered this before buying a new microwave. Got it today and used it and shocked it actually pulled most of the odor out that’s trapped in the upper vent. This $10 item saved me $200 to $400." —Angela D.
Get it from Amazon for $7.58+ (available in different sizes and packs of one or two).
9. A big ol' pumice stone on a stick poised to obliterate stubborn stains left by limescale, hard water, calcium, iron, and rust — things your automatic toilet bowl cleaner is unforch no match for.
Promising reviews: "What witchcraft is this?? Five minutes of rubbing with this thing, and I removed the ring that has been on my toilet for years. I had previously tried half a dozen cleaning products with zero success. I wish I would have bought this a long time ago. One tip is to open the plastic wrapper outside or over a trash can, as the white dust is annoying to clean up." —Amazon Customer
"It took a lot of elbow grease, and I used almost half the stone in one go, but this did a bang up job of getting lingering stains off our toilet bowl. My roommate remarked that they've only seen toilets that clean in stores." —Morgan Blackthorne
Get it on Amazon for $11.99+ (available in packs of one or two).
10. A set of six fridge organizers so you'll know *exactly* where your produce is and not have to worry about a head of lettuce rotting in the corner... again.
Built-in handles make the containers easy to move around and refill. If you could use even more clarity on what's where, you can add your own labels!
What's included: Five drawers and a dedicated 14-slot egg holder.
Promising review: "I love these things so much. I just got my first apartment with my boyfriend, and it looked so messy in our little fridge, and now it looks really appealing and everything is easy to get to. The quality of them is so good. I’m honestly impressed. They’re very sturdy and the egg holder is so cute and holds 14 eggs!" —Faith Sperry
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $22.99 (available in five colors).
11. A pouch of foaming garbage disposal cleaner to eliminate the special stank that can only be produced after years of shredding up meat, produce, and whatever that mystery blob was that came out of your long-lost Tupperware.
Each pouch of lemon-scented formula gets you four uses. Dump a pack into your disposal (while off at first!), run the water just a bit, and then start it and watch as the blue foam gets to work eliminating odors and loosening up nasties that have been caught down there for who knows how long.
Promising review: "These are amazing! I was skeptical at first, but I followed the directions (which are super easy) and was grossed out and satisfied at the same time to see the gunk that was removed. You put the entire packet down your disposal (I read that twice too) and magic happens in under two minutes! That is what I call powerful and successful cleaning! The scent is super clean and light with a hint of lemon. These will definitely be a cleaning staple for me." —KPITT
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $9.49.
12. A clog-preventing funnel that lets hair go directly down the drain so you and your roommates don't have to take turns wrestling with a drain snake every few weeks.
Check it out on TikTok here! PS: DrainFunnel is a small, Glendale, Arizona–based business.
Promising review: "DrainFunnel is a gift from God. Seriously. I am a guy with Tarzan/Jason Momoa-type hair. Shower drain clogged all the time until I found DrainFunnel. I've had DrainFunnel for a year with no clogged drain. No plumbing issues. Nada. Highly recommend!" —BrandonL
Get it from Lowe's for $13.49.
13. A fume-free cleaner ready to erase years of baked-on drippings from the bottom of your oven. Some of them may be from you; others may be from previous tenants (let's be real — 90% are from you), but they're all gettin' wiped away now.
The formula can be sprayed on and wiped off in as little as five minutes, but for really bad messes, some reviewers suggest leaving it on overnight.
Promising review: "My roommates and I moved into a house with an oven that looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in maybe 10 years. I figured quarantine was the perfect time to clean it, so I bought this stuff, and it literally worked wonders. I first sprayed a very thick layer and let it sit for three hours, and that got the majority of it off, but there were some still SUPER stubborn spots on the bottom of the oven and the door. I sprayed a second time after thoroughly cleaning out the first and let this one sit overnight. It came off with such little effort, I audibly gasped because I was SO excited. There were still some spots I had to scrape up with a metal scraper, but that’s because they were basically fossilized into the oven from years of neglect. It’s like brand new now!!! Absolutely recommend!!!" —Emily
Get it from Amazon for $12.15.
14. Or an ~eco-friendly~ option with a blend of plant- and mineral-derived purifying and disinfecting ingredients including eucalyptus, lemon, and peppermint oils, pumice stone, and baking soda if your roomies prefer to keep things chemical free.
Everneat is a Fairfield, Connecticut–based all-natural cleaning shop from Claudia and Angelo Zimmermann. Their oven cleaner comes with a professional-grade metallic scrubber you can use to scrub your appliance before wiping it down with a microfiber cloth.
Promising review: "Like many I moved into a house with a used oven. Keeping the typical grease and cooking messes at bay over the years has been a challenge, especially because of its placement in the kitchen (up against a wall in a corner). I tried vinegar and baking soda, Dawn dish soap, then fume-free Easy-Off, which, although effective, is more of a hassle to apply and remove (and wasteful, since I have to cover the heating elements with aluminum foil). Saw this product online and liked the non-chemical ingredients, and decided based on the reviews that it was worth a try. It's not cheap, but this is the only thing that got almost all the residue off my oven surfaces. Nice smell and didn't leave any scratches or marks. I highly recommend rinsing thoroughly and drying with a microfiber cloth for best results." —Irish Eyes
15. A bottle of powdered Bar Keepers Friend that'll cut through years of dirt, hard water stains, and rust with such ease, reviewers say the only explanation is witchcraft.
The hardworking formula is safe for use on surfaces in your bathroom and kitchen — including cookware!
Promising review: "This stuff is like magic! Straight-up wizardry. I love it! I initially bought it to clean my sink, which is porcelain and even though it's not even a year old, is just holding on to all the coffee and tea staining. I'd say it took less than a minute after making a paste with Bar Keepers Friend to clean the sink up to a nearly new shine. Taking a look at the can, it's easy to find bunches of ways to use this stuff and each application is better than the last. Stainless steel, porcelain, ceramic, copper, brass, fiberglass, corian, chrome and aluminum. See? Magic! Anyhow, I've used it in the sink, in the bathroom, to clean stainless steel pots and pans on a 17-year-old Revereware tea kettle (which I thought would never be restored to its former loveliness, btw). This is a product that I will buy again and again and will happily recommend to anyone." —Nicci Stephenson
Get it from Amazon for $6.99+ (available in packs of one or two).
16. A Bissell Little Green carpet cleaner capable of sucking up messes of any caliber. Be warned, though: Reviewers say once you start, you won't stop.
Promising review: "Everything as advertised and more!!! I lost my entire weekend once I touched this magical machine. Started with a living room rug to make sure I wouldn’t soak other fabric and to get used to the machine. Then I immediately went to the spare bedroom which has horrible pet stains. I did the entire room before moving onto the couches. The power behind the machine is incredible. INVEST!" —Annie
Get it from Amazon for $123.59.
17. A nonabrasive cooktop cleaner with a cleaning pad and scraper that can get rid of burnt-on food, water stains, and persistent grease splatters.
The heavy-duty formula works on glass, ceramic, induction, radiant, and halogen stovetops.
Promising review: "Magic!! I thought my brand-new stove stop was ruined after a week!! It was so new and powerful, I was shocked when a pot boiled over and made a huge mess. In a panic (without thinking, obviously), I used a microfiber cloth and tried to clean it while it was hot — yeah I know, really brilliant — needless to say, I had a real mess on my hands and the microfiber melted into the stove top so instead of just water I was dealing with what I thought was a permanent disaster. Someone suggested I try Cerama Bryte, but they didn't have any at Walmart, so I bought like six other products for the interim. None of it helped though, so I ordered from Amazon, and two days later it was here and now my stove looks brand-new again! I can’t even express to you the relief that washed over me after thinking my brand-new stove was ruined. Thankfully because of this incredible product, it is perfect again!" —Peyton
Get the kit on Amazon for $11.59.
18. A bottle of wood polish and conditioner that utilizes beeswax to restore tired antiques, furniture, doors, and trim. If you've left a whole lot of cup rings on your coffee table (I mean... who can be bothered with coasters??), then this will become your BFF.
Promising review: "OMG! This is the most AMAZING product! We inherited some antique furniture from the '30s that had been in storage forever... it was dry and dirty and not much to look at. I used this product on it, and the oak wood literally came alive showing the beautiful grain and texture of the wood. I have since used it on my oak kitchen cabinets and they look AMAZING! I will never use anything else other than this product on my wood surfaces! No greasy feel... fantastic smell!" —Tiffany Sadowski
Get a bottle on Amazon for $9.98.
19. A Wet & Forget weekly cleaner you can spritz on your shower walls and tub after you're done cleaning yourself. Leave it on overnight — no scrubbing necessary — and just wash it off the next time you're in the shower! Your roomies will think you devoted hoursss to cleaning.
Promising review: "I really like the fact that this product is true to its description! I highly recommend you do a thorough and very good job of cleaning before you apply this product or it will not make the product as effective as it should be! I highly recommend this because really who wants to clean their shower every day? This also keeps away mold and mildew how cool is that." —Stephanie Parker
Get it from Amazon for $19.98+ (available in two sizes).