36 Gifts That'll Help You Remain Mom's Favorite Child
Don't let your siblings get the upper hand this gift-giving season.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Hey! While we’re doing our best to make sure the products we feature will arrive in time for Christmas, shipping times are especially tricky this year and can vary depending on where you live, which product you purchase, and more. Shop early and be sure to double-check the retailers’ websites for shipping information to ensure that your gift will arrive in time for the 25th!
1. A create-your-own reel viewer with highlights from your childhood. Oops, did you forget to include photos of your siblings? Guess there's always next year!
2. An ~affordable~ candle subscription so you can gift her seasonally appropriate scents month after month. 🎃 🎄 🌷
3. A personalized calendar you can pack full of your favorite memories together — like that photo of you at the beach that was taken mere moments before a seagull flew off with your PB and fluff sandwich.
4. A wearable blanket destined to become her most treasured item of clothing. It has a hood, sherpa lining, a massive pocket, and enough room for her to pull it over her legs while she sits criss-cross applesauce on the couch. What more could she want?
5. A signature cookie assortment from NYC's famed Levain Bakery because few things beat chocolate, amirite?
6. A stunning agate cheese board that's an absolute compliment-magnet so the next time she entertains, she can brag about what a great gift-giver you are.
7. An ultra-nonstick Always Pan from Our Place because your household pans have grown tired after decades of use and abuse. The eight-in-one pan can truly do it all, including: braise, sear, steam, strain, saute, fry, boil, serve, and store.
8. A heartfelt card because sometimes, all mom wants is a little recognition. Fancy gifts are fun and all, but a handwritten note is something she won't soon forget.
9. A cutting board personalized with a recipe that's been passed from generation to generation. Let's be real — that water-stained notecard you've all been relying on could really use some backup.
10. A custom pair of pet socks because if you're really being *honest* with yourself, mom's favorite child is actually the dog she got after you left for college.
11. A three-speed turntable so she can dig her old LPs out of storage and enjoy her favorite tunes the way they were *meant* to be heard.
13. A dainty, personalized necklace with your family member's initials. The understated design can be worn alone or paired with other pieces if your mom is a jewelry maximalist.
14. A digitized version of your childhood home videos so mom never has to worry about outdated technology or something like a flood or fire wiping out the only footage of your first steps.
15. A set of wearable weights so mom can get her sweat in while walking the dog, grocery shopping, doing an at-home yoga sesh, or just pacing the kitchen as she talks on the phone.
16. A Kodak instant printer that'll pop out all of your family's best holiday selfies in mere minutes. Just don't be surprised to find your IG shots and Facebook profile pics plastered all over the fridge next time you visit...
17. A Wi-Fi-enabled robo vac ready to clean up any and all messes so mom can spend more time doing the things she loves and not vacuuming up the granola you "forgot" you spilled this morning.
18. A custom watercolor print that perfectly captures the essence of your childhood home. Maybe with this masterpiece vying for wall space, mom can finally take down your fifth grade photo (AKA the only evidence of you ever having braces).
19. An LED ring light because she's segued from making cameos in your TikToks, to launching her own account and the people want content! (But actually because she has a whole lotta Zoom meetings and could use some extra light.)
20. A subscription-based letter service that will send your history lovin' mom *real* letters from historical figures — each reproduced on cotton paper or parchment and sealed with a stamp.
21. A tiny ceramic planter with an easy-to-care-for air plant. Her azaleas, orchids, and fiddle-leaf fig didn't fare too well, but this lil' guy is a trooper.
22. A mini donut maker so your household can make its own sweets and stop asking mom for daily rides to Dunkin' Donuts.
23. A monogrammed jewelry case designed to protect all of the special pieces you've bought her over the years. The vegan leather case has three earring tabs, four necklace compartments, and room for seven rings. (For maximum effect, cue the Ariana Grande as you relay this info 🎵)
24. A set of geode bookends ready to draw some serious attention to her collection. PS: The bottoms have rubber bumpers, so they won't scrape her favorite bookshelf.
25. A mind-bending gradient puzzle in case regular ol' jigsaws are no longer a challenge. The 1,000-piece puzzle isn't for the impatient; reviewers say it can take days or weeks to complete depending on how much time you put in.
26. And — to go with the above — a puzzle plateau so no pieces go missing. That name really has a ring to it, huh?
27. An Olive & June polish kit with eight winter-appropriate shades that'll keep mom's nails on-point this holiday season.
28. A limited-edition Drunk Elephant kit with mini versions of all of her favorite products (and a full-size micellar water to boot!). The brand's skincare is usually très expensive, but this under-$100 collection comes with six long-lasting serums, creams, and cleansers that will have her skin ✨ glowing. ✨
29. A bag of limited-release Counter Culture coffee beans that'll kickstart her mornings with a caffeinated punch of dark chocolate and berry.
30. A pair of Ugg Wrin slippers that will put her old house shoes to shame. Say hello to water-resistant suede, ultra-cozy sheepskin, and a solid sole that's suitable for coffee runs.
31. A tailored faux-shearling coat from French Connection because in the words of Regina George's mom (AKA Amy Poehler), she's not a *regular* mom, she's a *cool* mom.
32. A set of shampoo and conditioner from Function of Beauty that's custom made to meet the needs of your mom's hair. Every formula is sulfate-, paraben-, and cruelty-free as well as vegan. Plus, you can choose the color and scent she'd enjoy most.
34. A copy of Claire Saffitz's Dessert Person because since quarantine started, mom has graduated from boxed cake mix and this is a natural next step. As a bonus — for her, definitely not you — you'll even selflessly serve as her recipe tester.
35. An irresistibly soft loungewear set with rib-knit cuffs and sherpa lining designed to keep mom as comfortable as possible.
Some reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.