29 Ultra-Comfortable Bottoms For Those Who've Sworn Off Jeans Forever
Can we all agree to leave nonstretch denim in 2020? K thx.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A pair of pull-on Levi's skinny jeans with just a touch of elastane which allows them to stretch while still holding their shape. No baggy crotches or saggy bottoms here.
2. Wide-leg Eloquii sweater pants which make me wonder why we didn't embrace matching loungewear sets way, way earlier. Chic and comfortable? Say no more.
3. Faux leather trousers that fit more like PJ pants and less like a wet suit. No matter how big your lunch, you won't have to worry about splitting a seam or finding scissors so you can cut your way to freedom.
4. High-waist pleated pants with bow detailing at the waist and ankles and functional pockets. Good news is if you really fall in love with them, they're available in 33 (!) colors.
5. Two-tone cropped pants for days when you can't decide what color you want to wear. The important thing is you're set on an elastic waist and these babies deliver.
6. Velvet Free People flares that'll have you feeling yourself whether you're (responsibly) heading out on the town or walking in an at-home fashion for an audience of Squishmallows.
8. Knit Amazon Essentials jeggings with thousands of 5-star reviews that almost unanimously state they feel like leggings but look like jeans.
9. A pair of loose-fitting corduroy trousers that make me want to slam my laptop shut, find the nearest independent book shop, and peruse the shelves for hours. With such a relaxed fit, there's no doubt I'd be sitting criss-cross applesauce right on the floor once I found a title I wanted dive into.
10. A pair of beloved Athleta pants constructed from wrinkle-resistant, quick-drying fabric just like your favorite athleisure. If you burn even just *thinking* about the sun, you'll also be happy to hear they're rated UPF 50+.
11. A pair of pleated palazzo pants with an adjustable drawstring waist and wide legs that allow for ample airflow. It's basically like wearing a dress, but you don't have to worry about accidentally flashing anyone if a gust of wind catches you by surprise.
12. A pair of baggy cotton overalls with two mega pockets and a relaxed silhouette that says: "adult onesie, but make it fashion."
13. A pair of printed jeggings with real pockets, buttons, and zippers that give the illusion that you, too, are super uncomfy in your non-stretch denim. Little does everyone know, though, that your pants feature an elastic waistband and mesh panels that don't pinch or squeeze.
14. Drawstring linen pants which are the star of my favorite spring/summer look: "mom at a farmer's market." Just add a T-shirt, Birkenstocks, and a light wash denim jacket and you'll nail the vibe, too.
15. Pleated palazzo pants that will make you feel like you're vacationing Kardashian-style on a Greek isle even though you're holed up at home watching Love Island. At least you're comfy, ehh? 😔
16. A pair of wide-leg Universal Standard ponte pants with an elastic waist and a two-tone side stripe that elevates them to boardroom-ready bottoms.
17. Everlane easy chinos made from cotton twill fabric that's so comfortable, you'll actually want to get dressed even if you're WFH for the forseeable future.
18. Wide-leg cotton palazzo pants with so much extra room, you could use them to sneak snacks into a movie theater. That is assuming you take the time to set up some sort of harness situation.
19. High-rise plaid pants with tapered legs and a stretchy waistband that'll stay up even with a smartphone weighing down one pocket.
20. A pair of pleated and polka-dotted pants from sustainable Scandi brand Monki. The chic bottoms are made from fabric derived from plastic bottles and textile waste which saves water and energy while also reducing greenhouse gas emissions. 💨
21. Ankle-length Uniqlo trousers with two-way stretch fabric (hello, rayon and spandex) that glides over curves just like your favorite pair of sweatpants.
22. Wide-leg poppy pants from New York designer Daniel Saponaro who — if you couldn't tell — enjoys bold colors, personality-filled prints, and versatile silhouettes. AKA three things that speak to my soul.
23. Satin Lacausa pants that are SO silky, you'll consider shaving your legs before you wear them. Is there any better feeling??? I think not.
24. Tapered Madewell pants with a gathered paperbag waist that gives you an excellent range of motion. You never know when you're gonna want to show off how well you can do the worm, after all.
25. Relaxed Tentree culottes that go with literally everything. Plus, they're made from eco-friendly twill that feels as good as it looks.
26. Fuss-free linen pants made to order according to your dimensions. If you're often between sizes, this seller has you covered.
27. Wide-leg velvet pants with subtle metallic pinstripes and a whole lotta stretch so whilst lying on the couch, you can contort your body in order to snatch your remote off the floor instead of just getting up to grab it.
28. Straight-leg harem pants you can pair with sneakers, flip-flops, or your finest sherpa-lined slipper socks if you have no plans to leave the house.
29. And timeless wrinkle-free trousers which feature a relaxed fit made for petite frames. That's right — no extra trip to the tailor.
Me when I spend every penny of my next paycheck on elastic waist pants:
Some reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.