Just 38 Cleaning Products That I'm Not Gonna Say Are Witchcraft, But Are *Basically* Witchcraft
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A wad preventer to ensure your sheets don't tangle themselves up into a Boy Scout badge-worthy knot *and* not even get clean in the process.
Wad-Free is a small biz from Cyndi Bray. Their products are made in the USA. Just pop the corners of your flat or fitted sheet into the device and you'll never have to deal with tangling and twisting again! Believe it or not (I mean believe it...the reviews are there) the manufacturer even says that your sheets will dry 75% faster and with fewer wrinkles.
Promising review: "I don’t know what kind of magic makes these things work, and I don’t care as long as it keeps my sheets from tangling up in the washer and dryer. This saves me so much time in the laundry room. I have King-size sheets that always end up in a twisted cocoon of wetness in both my front load washer and my dryer. Before, I always had to stop the dryer and untangle everything, now I just toss them in with no worries. I admit when I first purchased it I expected it wouldn’t work, but was willing to try if there was a slim chance it might. After washing and drying three separate loads of sheets with Wad-Free, I purchased two more sets for my parents. Friends and family are definitely getting this for the holidays come December." —ZombieQT
2. A fume-free cleaner ready to erase years of baked-on drippings from the bottom of your oven. Some of them may be from you, others may be from previous tenants (or your children who've now gone off to college), but they're all gettin' wiped away now.
The formula can be sprayed on and wiped off in as little as five minutes but for really bad messes, some reviewers suggest leaving it on overnight.
Promising review: "WHAT WITCHCRAFT IS THIS?! Simply UNBELIEVABLE. Fume-free and no gloves needed, but dissolves ANYTHING cooked on! Had not cleaned my oven EVER. Simply sprayed on, left overnight, and wiped off with paper towels. Do not have to dread cleaning oven ever again! Can use for everyday spot cleaning with only have to let sit for couple hours for minor things. Used on broiler pan that would not scrub clean with even steel wool, no need to scrub ever again now! Crockpot leaked over bowl and burned on inside heating chamber; just sprayed and wiped off in the morning. Plan on using to clean grill in spring and am sure it will make it a breeze." —Andrew J.
Get it from Amazon for $6.89.
3. Or, an eco-friendly oven scrub with a blend of plant- and mineral-derived purifying and disinfecting ingredients including eucalyptus, lemon, and peppermint oils, pumice stone, and baking soda.
Cleaning Studio is a Fairfield, Connecticut-based all-natural cleaning shop from Claudia and Angelo Zimmermann. Their oven cleaner comes with a professional-grade metallic scrubber you can use to scrub your appliance before wiping it down with a microfiber cloth.
Promising review: "I was skeptical because I had tried so many products to clean the glass on my oven doors with no luck. The auto clean cycle just baked it on the glass. THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! It took me about 15 minutes to get the glass on both my oven doors clean. Very minimal scrubbing effort required. I will be telling all of my friends." —Teresa Casner
4. A big ol' pumice stone on a stick poised to obliterate stubborn stains left by limescale, hard water, calcium, iron, and rust — things your automatic toilet bowl cleaner is unforch no match for.
Promising review: "What witchcraft is this?? Five minutes of rubbing with this thing and I removed the ring that has been on my toilet for years. I had previously tried half a dozen cleaning products with zero success. I wish I would have bought this a long time ago. One tip is to open the plastic wrapper outside or over a trash can, as the white dust is annoying to clean up." —Amazon Customer
Get it on Amazon for $11.99+ (available in packs of one or two).
5. An all-natural vegan stain-removing stick capable of ridding the most PERSISTENT stains from grease and blood to dirt and grass. Swipe some on to the stain and then wash your garment as you usually would — you don't even have to launder it immediately!
Shady Creek Naturals is a family-owned small cleaning biz based in Dallas, North Carolina. Using their stain stick is *so* simple. Just wet whatever is stained and then give it a good rub with the solid formula before throwing it back in the wash.
Promising review: "Amazing, amazing! This stain remover has gotten grass stains, mud stains, blood stains and ink stains off clothes. Nothing has worked so good before. I love this! Will definitely order more!!" —Sasha Gonzalez
6. A jetted tub cleaner so you're not bathing in the remnants of whatever products the previous homeowner used. (The absolute horror.)
Promising review: "This stuff is magic! We've lived in our home for four years now and had never used our jetted tub. One day last week I decided I needed a nice long soak and I filled up the tub only to discover the water was rusty and yellow (SICK). I looked up the best way to clean a jetted bath tub and Oh Yuk came up over and over. Now I know why — this stuff is a miracle worker! We ran it through our tub several times until it was clear. We were so impressed, I purchased another bottle for my sister in law who is moving into her new house next week as a house warming gift. You will not be disappointed, and I'd be shocked if the first words out of your mouth when using this stuff wasn't 'OH YUK!'" —Kimmy D
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
7. An all-natural scouring paste sure to make every surface in your home ✨sparkle.✨I'm talking sinks, tubs, stove tops, grout — you name it!
Humble Suds is a small cleaning brand run by two moms — Holli Schuab and Jennifer Parnell — in Evergreen, Colorado. All of their products are made from powerful, plant-based ingredients and packaged with recyclable materials. They recommend applying a tablespoon of their scouring paste to a cloth and then scrubbing in a circular motion.
Promising review: "I used the surface scrub today on my bathtub and bathroom sink, and it works WONDERS! I love that the ingredients are minimal and organic, but gets the job done. I love this product!" —hinako jefferson
8. A Bissell Little Green carpet cleaner capable of sucking up messes of any caliber. Be warned, though: Reviewers say once you start, you won't stop.
Promising review: "Everything as advertised and more!!! I lost my entire weekend once I touched this magical machine. Started with a living room rug to make sure I wouldn’t soak other fabric and to get used to the machine. Then I immediately went to the spare bedroom which has horrible pet stains. I did the entire room before moving onto the couches. The power behind the machine is incredible. INVEST!" —Annie
Get it from Amazon for $109.99+ (available in three configurations).
9. A pack of Mr. Clean Magic Erasers that somehow, someway remove whatever mess you put them up against. Good news for those with kiddos who've ever had unsupervised time with a (stolen) Sharpie!
Promising review: "This is as magical as unicorns!!! Buy NOW! I use it everywhere... walls, baseboards, mirrors, window panes, cupboards, floors, lamps, glass, faucets... everything looks brand new. Just got red hair dye that had been there for over a year off the wall in a minute. Made shower glass look brand-new after five years of hard water stains. This is the cleaning magic wand you’ve always wanted." —Michela
Get a pack of 10 from Amazon for $11.85.
10. A nonabrasive cooktop cleaner with a cleaning pad and scraper that can get rid of burnt-on food, water stains, and persistent grease splatters.
The heavy-duty formula works on glass, ceramic, induction, radiant, and halogen stovetops.
Promising review: "Magic!! I thought my brand-new stove stop was ruined after a week!! It was so new and powerful, I was shocked when a pot boiled over and made a huge mess. In a panic (without thinking, obviously), I used a microfiber cloth and tried to clean it while it was hot — yeah I know, really brilliant — needless to say, I had a real mess on my hands and the microfiber melted into the stove top so instead of just water I was dealing with what I thought was a permanent disaster. Someone suggested I try Cerama Bryte but they didn't have any at Walmart so I bought like six other products for the interim. None of it helped though so I ordered from Amazon and two days later it was here and now my stove looks brand-new again! I can’t even express to you the relief that washed over me after thinking my brand-new stove was ruined. Thankfully because of this incredible product, it is perfect again!" —Peyton
Get the kit on Amazon for $9.79.
11. A pouch of foaming garbage disposal cleaner to eliminate the special stank that can only be produced after years of shredding up meat, produce, and whatever that mystery blob was that came out of your long-lost Tupperware.
Each pouch of lemon-scented formula gets you four uses. Dump a pack into your disposal (while off at first!), run the water just a bit, and then start it and watch as the blue foam gets to work eliminating odors and loosening up nasties that have been caught down there for who knows how long.
Promising review: "These are amazing! I was skeptical at first but I followed the directions (which are super easy) and was grossed out and satisfied at the same time to see the gunk that was removed. You put the entire packet down your disposal (I read that twice too) and magic happens in under two minutes! That is what I call powerful and successful cleaning! The scent is super clean and light with a hint of lemon. These will definitely be a cleaning staple for me." —KPITT
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $9.99.
12. An electric power washer with an 1,800-watt motor you can use to blast crud off of your car, garage door, fence, patio, or outdoor furniture. Plus, it's a perfect excuse to throw on the Wellies you've been wanting to wear.
What's included: Two 30.4-ounce removable detergent tanks, a 34-inch extension wand, a 20-foot-high pressure hose, a 35-foot power cord, a garden hose adapter, a needle clean-out tool, and five quick-connect spray tips.
Promising review: "Been using it to clean old oil spots on my driveway left from years of parking a leaky car. Works like magic — and very fast. Made very easy work of something I just could not get done with scrapers, solvent, soap, and hours of elbow grease. Spots are gone and my 30-year-old driveway looks like new. The soap dispensers and soap nozzle made quick work of washing my car. By adding a filter to the feed line, I got spot-free rinse — no need to towel dry. Note: The filter does not come with the pressure washer. I bought the filter at Home Depot." —Barry Parker
Get it on Amazon for $159.
13. A professional-strength grout cleaner that can remove years — yes, years — of grime from your home's floors. Turns out, you had white grout all along. Who knew? 🤷♀️
Promising review: "I never leave reviews on Amazon but this grout cleaner definitely deserved a review. I tried three other cleaners before buying Grout-eez and they did nothing but waste my time and money. Grout-eez got my grout perfectly clean in no time, plus it was easy to use and no odor. I'll never use another grout cleaner." —Tyler
Get it from Amazon for $19.95.
14. A Chom Chom roller to put your regular ol' lint roller to shame. Forget ripping off sheets till you run out — this collects everything in a neat little compartment you simply empty out.
I have two cats who shed like it's their full-time job and let me tell you — this thing is amazing. I used to vacuum my bed/rug/their favorite chair multiple times a week and follow that up with a traditional lint roller that I'd have to use 10 to 15 sheets in one go. With this nifty tool, I give whatever I'm cleaning a few good rolls and then empty out enough fur to felt them few cat toys (I don't *actually* do that, but I could if I wanted to).
Promising review: "It's witchcraft, I tell ya. I am AMAZED at how well this lil' thing works. I have six cats and two dogs and this thing got SO MUCH HAIR off of my already vacuumed couch and rug. I just ordered two more for family members. I was always vacuuming and using a cat hair brush and those sticky lint roller sheets but now this is the only thing I need! Its quick and easy to empty!" —MarlinJ
Get it from Amazon for $24.95.
15. And if that's not enough — a fur-eliminating broom capable of squeegeeing enough fur from your carpet that if magically animated, it would transform into one of Martha Stewart's Chow Chows.
Promising review: "Do you have hair? Do you have pets that have hair? Have your broken three vacuum cleaners trying to clean up that hair? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you NEED the FURemover Broom. I unboxed it, used it on my stairs, and was amazed/appalled at the amount of hair that I got out of the carpet. I have a hound that likes to sleep on the couch, and a few quick strokes of the broom picked up a whole dog's worth of hair. Whether it’s flawless product design, science, or witchcraft, I’m hooked and will never clean without this again. Thanks FURemover for helping me out of this hairy situation." —Nina
Get it from Amazon for $12.44+ (available in six configurations).
16. A powerful rust remover that can remove stains from just about any surface — think showers, sinks, tubs, toilets, concrete floors, and even colorfast carpets — with zero scrubbing involved.
Promising review: "I used it on our tubs, toilets, sinks, and shower. It took one bottle of this stuff to achieve the same result as three bottles of other brands. I will buy this again hands down. I just sprayed, walked away for a few minutes, and wiped and rinsed." —Carrie D.
Get a bottle on Amazon for $11.99.
17. An eco-friendly carpet and upholstery deodorizer to hide the fact that you've dumped lo mein on your rug not once, not twice, but thrice.
Promising review: "Great for dog odors on fabric! We sprinkled it on the couch cushions and put them in trash bags. We shook the bags and let sit for an hour or so. We used the hose of our vacuum and sucked out the air (like you're vacuum sealing). The cushions plumped right up and smelled gorgeous for several weeks. Our very allergic daughter had no problems sitting on the sofa. We also sprinkled on carpets for great deodorizing. Fine powder that goes a long way. Adding this to our regular Amazon purchases!" —Pam
Get it from Amazon for $15.99+ (available in packs of one or two).
18. A vacuum attachment you can use to suck lint out of your dryer because 1. Things are taking wayyyyy too long to dry and 2. This Is Us has given you a *major* fear of house fires. (I know that was from a different appliance but it stands.)
Promising review: "My upright dryer is 5 years old and I could see some lint on the walls where my lint tray goes so I thought it would be a good idea to clean it. Boy was I surprised to see how much stuff came out! I am so glad I bought this! Easy to use and gave me peace of mind preventing a fire 🔥" —charli
Get it from Amazon for $7.99+ (two versions available).
19. A carpet spot remover that requires no rinsing or vacuuming to see results. In fact, it works on a whole lot more than carpet, too, give it a go on stained clothing, upholstery, and other colorfast fabrics.
Promising review: "I had terrible rust and oil stains all over the seats of my car. I tried other cleaners to get them out, but they actually made the stains darker. I took it to the dealership to see if they could get it out and they flat out told me no, so I gave up and lived with it for almost five years. Then I tried this after it was recommended by a friend. I sprayed it on and literally watched the stain run right off my seat. It was amazing! I thought I was going to have to pay hundreds of dollars to replace the seats in my car because nothing else would work. This stuff really is awesome!" —Brittany
Get it on Amazon for $11.85.
20. A dirt-infused soap which — as weird as it sounds — does wonders when it comes to grease, oil, and whatever else it is you've gotten your hands into. The gritty pumice formula is gentle on the most sensitive skin (big bonus for those with eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis) and it can even help with poison ivy!
Promising review: "I work for the railroad and I am always getting my hands dirty! I could never seem to find anything that worked. Also, I live in Utah so when it starts getting cold my hands dry out. Well, with Grip Clean that doesn’t happen! I have my coworkers coming to my locker asking to get some soap since the soap we have at doesn't work as well as Grip Clean!" —Nick
Get it from Amazon for $11.50.
21. A pack of bottle-cleaning tablets that take your go-to water bottle from nasty to gleaming in just minutes. Idk who needs to hear this, but "rinsing" it with water everyday isn't enough. 😔
Promising review: "I seriously can't believe how well these little tablets work. I had the most disgusting HydroFlask coffee mug — I tried everything. A bottle brush, different kinds of soap, vinegar, EVERYTHING, and there was still a seemingly impenetrable layer of black sludge inside. I let a tablet sit in each of my mugs for an hour or two, and the black sludge rinsed out COMPLETELY, without even scrubbing. They look brand-new. What a magical product. No weird smell or taste afterward, either. I liked it so much I used it on another HydroFlask I use primarily to hold my Bloody Mary mix in the fridge. I couldn't put anything else in it because it would always taste like spicy tomato juice. Bottle Bright to the rescue! No residual smell or taste anymore. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING." —Amazon Customer
Get a 12-pack from Amazon for $8.
22. An enzyme-based stain spray capable of taking on the *peskiest* stains from grass and mud to wine and even cosmetics. If you've ever gotten a drop of foundation on your clothes, you know what a big deal that last one is!
Puracy is small, family-owned business dedicated to creating natural and organic formulas that are not only effective, but safe for kids and pets. Aside from food stains, this spray also does a number on all other miscellaneous spots in your life like wine, coffee, make up, and period blood!
Promising review: "For whatever reason, I am ALWAYS spilling things on my shirts and I cook every night (sometimes I remember the apron, sometimes I don't). My clothes are a mess by the end of the day. I'm not proud of it, but there it is. I have tried EVERYTHING there is to remove stains and this is the absolute BEST thing out there. (There is simply not a major stain remover that I have not tried.) The only thing close is a long pre-soak (I mean like six hours) in Oxyclean. With Puracy, you get the best result by doing it well in advance, but for me that is another plus because I would far rather spray them when I put them in the hamper than do it all at once just before I do the laundry. It seems to get everything out and I've never had any trouble with damaged fabric. I don't really review very much, but this is seriously outstanding." —NYC Buyer
23. A self-cleaning Litter-Robot which not only saves you from scooping poop, but gives you an excuse to send Star Wars-themed Snapchats of your cat.
The Wi-Fi-enabled box self cleans, reduces litter usage up to 50%, manages odors with a carbon-filtered waste drawer, and settings can be controlled via an app on your smartphone. You can lock the buttons on the actual box so your cat doesn't mess with them; you can set a 3-, 7-, or 15-minute delay before the unit cycles (after your cat has used the box); and it'll notify you when the waste drawer needs to be manually emptied. Otherwise, just set it and forget it.
Promising review: "Hands-down best money I’ve ever spent. Less kitty litter used, no more scooping, happy kitty because her litter is always clean, no more doggie curiosity. Best invention for cat parents. My only caveat was I bought compostable trash bags to use when my original supply of Kitty Robot liners ran out. My 'hack' is that I put the entire bin inside a compostable trash bag and slide the edges of the bag under the clips near the air vent. Then, slide whole bin back in place carefully. Once it’s time to empty it, I just pull the bag and toss. Voila!" —Julieana T.
Get it from Litter-Robot for $499 (available in two colors).
24. A bottle of Goo Gone gel spray because nobody — and I mean nobody — wants to deal with the residue left behind by stickers and other lousy adhesives. Plus, it comes with a little scraping tool so you won't chip a nail or snap a debit card in half while trying to finish the job.
25. A bag of "Johnny Drops" which, for the uninitiated, are like bath bombs for your toilet! Just drop one of the concentrated hydrogen peroxide tablets in, wait five minutes or so, give your toilet bowl a good lil' swipe with your cleaning wand, and you're golden.
Juniper Seed Mercantile is small, woman-owned business from Tiffany Norton. The Littleton, Colorado-based shop specializes in all-natural bath and body products as well as home cleaning solutions.
Promising review: "These are great! I've used them in the toilet a couple times since receiving them, and also one in my kitchen sink disposal so far. They definitely help make getting the toilet bowl clean super easy, I honestly feel like it stays bright and clean longer, and there are no funky smells coming from the disposal. I'd definitely buy them again!" —Chante
Get it from Juniper Seed Mercantile on Etsy for $2.50+ (sold individually or in a pack of five).
26. A reliable and ultra-versatile bottle of OxiClean because there are few stains it can't content with. The oxygen-based, water-activated formula eliminates toughhhhh set-in stains on carpets, upholstery, and really anything else for that matter. Forget spending $600 on a brand-new mattress — just get this for $6 instead.
Promising review: "I'll let my pictures (above) speak to how amazing this works. I had a stained mattress that I'd been covering with a mattress pad for years. As I was preparing for a move, I decided to give OxiClean a try and see if it could remove the stains that had been there for well over SEVEN YEARS. I honestly don't even know what caused the stains, but OxiClean removed them. I took before, during, and after pictures (after pictures show the outline of water because I took them immediately after rinsing. I honestly can't believe the results. I wish I'd done this sooner!" —Little Greek
Get it from Amazon for $6.83.
27. A bottle of wood polish and conditioner that utilizes beeswax to restore tired antiques, furniture, doors, and trim. Don't even *think* about painting your dresser teal before giving it a good wipe-down with this.
Promising review: "OMG! This is the most AMAZING product! We inherited some antique furniture from the '30s that had been in storage forever... it was dry and dirty and not much to look at. I used this product on it and the oak wood literally came alive showing the beautiful grain and texture of the wood. I have since used it on my oak kitchen cabinets and they look AMAZING! I will never use anything else other than this product on my wood surfaces! No greasy feel... fantastic smell!" —Tiffany Sadowski
Get a bottle on Amazon for $8.98.
28. A tub of The Pink Stuff which can clean anything you throw at it — tires, pots and pans, stove tops, showers, your 5-year-old's crayon wall mural — you name it! They might not have North West's skills quite yet, but they've got time.
This TikTok-famous paste can clean literally ANY mess whether it's in your bathroom, kitchen, basement or anywhere in between.
Promising review: "Amazing product. 99% all natural... no chemicals, no toxic odor. Shower wall hard water stains completely wiped out. I used other products on my 10-year-old oven door and it never came as clean. First try, I wiped on, wiped off. (Recommended at least five minutes.) Second try, I applied Pink and left it over night. Baked on grit was softened enough I could use a spoon to scrap. End result... BIG DIFFERENCE. By far the best versatile, nontoxic, gentle abrasive product. I would love a case so I could go crazy." —ap808
Get it from Amazon for $8.47+ (available in packs of one or two).
29. A handy wine stain remover because your area rug has had quite a few Cabernet encounters and you can only hide so much under the couch and coffee table.
Good news! It works on stains new and old so don't be discouraged if you come across a spill after the fact.
Promising review: "I fell in love with this product some 15 years ago and I am so very happy that it's still available in the same wonderful formula as ever. It has a fantastic citrus scent. This takes care of any stain so fast and efficiently, it's become a party trick. I have seriously poured red wine over a white comforter to demonstrate how great it is. It is a miracle in a bottle! We use it for all sorts of cleaning on materials around the house, and one bottle has lasted us years! This is definitely a product every home should have." —Melanie Nolen
Get it from Amazon for $10.96.
30. An oil stain remover capable of pulling out deep, set-in spots from your natural stone countertop be it granite, limestone, marble, slate, or sandstone. Just slap paste onto any spots, let it sit for 48 to 72 hours (that's how long it takes to turn to powder), and then wipe it away to find your counter good as new.
Promising review: "Had an oil stain on my untreated West Elm marble top buffet from a kids toy. I purchased the oil stain remover and crossed my fingers that it would work. Followed the directions, waited 72 hrs to let it dry completely, and then scraped it off with a credit card. It worked perfectly! I couldn't be happier with the results. I highly recommend this product!" —marv
Get a can of it on Amazon for $9.03.
31. A concentrated leather cleaner you can use on ~literally~ anything made from leather. That means your couch, car seats, purses, shoes, jackets, and saddle if your family isn't full of dog or cat people, but horse people.
Promising review: "I bought a sorta white leather sectional for $150 stained and dirty but no major wear or tears. Well, the pictures tell it all! It took at least three cycles of gentle scrubbing and wiping off raised dirt and a little extra for bad stains! A lot of elbow grease but holy crap! Super nice couch now!" —iPoutside365
Get it from Amazon for $16.95.
32. A bottle of powdered Bar Keepers Friend that'll cut through years of dirt, hard water stains, and rust with such ease, reviewers say the only explanation is witchcraft.
The hardworking formula is safe for use on surfaces in your bathroom and kitchen — including cookware!
Promising review: "This stuff is like magic! Straight-up wizardry. I love it! I initially bought it to clean my sink, which is porcelain and even though it's not even a year old, is just holding on to all the coffee and tea staining. I'd say it took less than a minute after making a paste with Bar Keepers Friend to clean the sink up to a nearly new shine. Taking a look at the can it's easy to find bunches of ways to use this stuff and each application is better than the last. Stainless steel, porcelain, ceramic, copper, brass, fiberglass, corian, chrome and aluminum. See? Magic! Anyhow, I've used it in the sink, in the bathroom, to clean stainless steel pots and pans on a 17-year-old Revereware tea kettle (which I thought would never be restored to its former loveliness, btw). This is a product that I will buy again and again and will happily recommend to anyone." —Nicci Stephenson
Get it from Amazon for $10+ (available in packs of one, two, or three).
33. A mildew remover made specially with outdoor fabrics in mind. Spray it on your patio chairs, porch swing, or awnings and watch it wash away ground-in dirt. Then, after that, liberally spray it on your siding, tiles, gutters, and roof, too.
Promising review: "I don't often write a review of a product. But this was so impressive, I thought I should let others know. We have a set of vinyl outdoor chairs that were constantly covered with mildew. When we were feeling ambitious, we'd take the time to power wash the chairs, which worked pretty well but was a lot of work. The problem was that a couple of days later, the mildew was back almost as bad a before. With this mildew stain remover, we sprayed the chairs, let them sit a few minutes, and hosed off with a regular garden hose. Easy. And they were cleaner than they ever got using the power washer. When we put the chairs away two months later, they were still clean." —Christine A. Simonson
Get it from Amazon for $13.99+ (available in three sizes).