Just 35 Products To Help Clean All The Things You Didn't Know You Had To Clean
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but yes, you've likely got even *more* cleaning to keep up with.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A handheld bed vacuum cleaner so you can suck up allergens, dust mites, dead skin, and other yucky stuff living on your mattress. If only you could throw it in the washer as easily as your sheets. 😔
Promising review: "Super easy to use! After the first time it sucked up all the dirt and dander out of my mattress and headboard, I was shocked to see that was what I had been sleeping on (especially since I'm a super neat and clean freak who constantly is washing my bedding and pillows in hot water). My eczema, itchy skin, headaches, and sinuses have already calmed down immensely after one vacuum use. Highly recommend to anyone who feels like allergies and irritants are constantly effecting them but, can’t find the root of the cause. It probably is your mattress, bedding, or couch that is hiding all these nasty and sneaky pests!" —Mary Grace Munson
Get it from Amazon for $109.99.
2. A bottle of apple cider vinegar that — once diluted with a bit of water — can basically be used to clean anything in your home. Dusty vents? Pollen-covered windowsills? Greasy oven grates? ACV has *just* enough acid to eliminate messes but not enough to do any damage to surfaces. Heck, you can even use it as a hair mask to get rid of product buildup whilst you work around the house!
Promising review: "I love it! Everyone in my family has a use for it. My grandma cooks with it. I add it to my tea. My aunt showed me how to clean with it. And one of my roommates used both this and tea tree oil to get rid of dandruff!" —Miss Resilient
Get it from Amazon for $7.39 (available in two sizes and packs of one, two, or three).
3. A Denman cleaning brush with stiff bristles and a pointed end so you can pick dust, dirt, dead hair, and other nasties out of the crevices of your brush. That way, you aren't dragging it all through clean hair next time you get out of the shower.
Promising review: "I never realized that a brush full of hair can hurt your healthy hair. Prior to this tool, I would take a rat tail comb and just clean out the hair, thinking the brush was clean. I was so wrong! the pick side of the cleaner loosens the hair that is matted down in the brush. The bristle side cleans it out so well that it looks like it's a brand new brush. After cleaning, when I use the hairbrush to dry my hair, it glides through my hair, without pulling and tugging. I can tell that when my brush is clean, I have fewer split ends and also breakage at the tip of my head. I cannot recommend this highly enough!" —Kirsten Anne
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
4. A bottle of nontoxic neem oil spray that'll not only act as an all-natural pest control (warding off mealy bugs, spider mites, aphids, fungus gnats, and more), but also keep your plant's leaves nice and shiny.
Morningside Interiors is a Granite Falls, North Carolina-based small biz from Kelley Bridges-Smith. The shop's organic pet-safe sprays are handmade and poured to order. They come in glass amber bottles that protect from UV light damage and allow the formula to stay shelf stable for 12 months.
Promising review: "I ❤️ this stuff!! I shared it to a plant Facebook group I’m in! It made my plants shiny :) I will be back for more. My plants have never looked better." —Vicky
5. A six-pack of washing machine cleaner tablets so leftover dirt, residue, and musty odors don't affix themselves to your laundry and make it even dirtier than when it went in.
Promising review: "Our new washer gets a stinky smell every so often so I bought these tabs. I put one in a month on the clean tub setting and it eliminates the odor. I just made a T-chart with a permanent marker on the box for the months and add an 'X' when I put the tab in for the month. This way I don't miss a month and my washer runs great." —Akkeber
Get it from Amazon for $11.77.
6. A shoe cleaning kit with everything you need to get scuffs out of your favorite kicks if you're the type of sneakerhead who actually wears their sneakers. 👟
What's included: 4-ounce bottle of shoe cleaner and a standard brush.
Promising review: "This product is amazing. I was at our local fairgrounds eating a kabob and without realizing I spilled a ton of grease/sauce onto the tops of my brand-new shoes. I had this cleaner prior to this accident but still had very low expectations of me being able to get the stains out. I went home that night long after the grease had already dried and attempted to clean my shoes with this cleaner. Needless to say, after a good five to 10 minutes of scrubbing, rinsing, and repeating, the stains came out. The shoe looks good as new, and I couldn't believe it! I use this anytime I get mud on my shoes or just whenever they get scuffed up. Works great, but also will get out the tough stains too." —clip
Get it from Amazon for $16.
7. An all-natural glass cleaner powerful enough to tackle weather-worn window panes. If you just moved into a new place or never realized you should regularly wash the *outside* of your windows, pop those suckers out (watch a YouTube vid if you're not sure how) and get to scrubbing.
Butter Me Up Organics is a zero-waste small biz based in Livermore, California. Their organic, handcrafted bath, body, and cleaning products use ingredients from ethical and sustainable sources.
Promising review: "This is great! Took it straight out of the package and started cleaning my sliding door! Cleans very well! Thank you!" —Surishae Co
8. A professional ultrasonic jewelry cleaner that uses sound waves to blast your baubles with millions of microscopic cleansing bubbles. The tough yet gentle process eliminates dirt and grime ~without~ the need for any harsh cleaning agents — just water and some dish soap, if you so please!
The gadget can clean more than just jewelry, too. Throw in dirty eyeglasses, watches, utensils and more before adding a bit of tap water and picking from one of five preset cleaning cycles. Just FYI: items *will* still come out tarnished but that doesn't mean it didn't work — you just need to go at them with a polishing cloth after.
Promising review: "This cleaning machine is awesome! I only used it with water and dish soap, and multiple sessions for deep cleaning, as the instructions say to do. I'm impressed and have been searching for more jewelry to clean!! I recommend this item. It is easy to clean the machine and it isn't too loud." —Aimee
Get it from Amazon for $39.99.
9. A two-pack of Armor All car cleaning wipes so you can rid your dashboard of dust, passenger-side toe prints, and french fries that flew out of your fast food bag last time you hit the brakes a lil' too hard.
Promising review: "Best product to clean your car and dashboard. While there are plenty of new products that are cheaper nothing beats Armor All. I've used this product for 12 years — works very well. If something works well, no point in changing for newer products." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $6.88.
10. A stainless steel cleaner and polish sure to eliminate fingerprints (or doggie nose prints), grease, and streaks from the outside of your appliances. They put in a lot of hard work so the least you can do is keep 'em shiny.
Promising review: "I was somewhat skeptical with a few of these reviews talking about it either being greasy, leaving a film, etc. I haven't had ANY of those problems. It also seems to make it a bit fingerprint resistant as well. Since I cleaned my fridge down a month ago, I haven't had to do it again yet. I'm sure if I had kids, it'd be a little different, but this stuff is where it's at. I've tried cheaper big-box store cleaners and they all take a lot of arm work to get the haze of the initial product to wipe off." —W Fish
Get it from Amazon for $14.95.
11. A foldable Munchkin nursery UV sterilizer ready to sanitize toys, stuffed animals, electronics and all the other grimy items your baby loves to put in their mouth! The nifty device eliminates up to 99% of germs including flu viruses, salmonella, and E. coli.
So I (John) recently got a chance to test out this UV sterilizer, which is about the size of a breadbox. I wasn't sure what to think at first because, well, everything a toddler touches gets dirty and needs a thorough cleaning. But here's where it comes in handy. There are some toys that you can throw in the wash (but if its a favorite that's being taken away, that might cause a meltdown). There are also some toys that get waterlogged and need to be carefully cleaned. And then there are times when you're just sick of using another disinfecting wipe. So now you've got another option that doesn't take long at all and will leave your child's toys germ-free and ready to pick up brand-new germs.
Promising review: "I have three kids, so we have a LOT of germy things. Especially in this era, I feel like we need to sanitize something just about everywhere we go (to the grocery store, a short trip to grandparents' house, etc). So I like being able to unzip the sides and quickly flatten this out, then pop back up and rezip to be ready to clean. Our favorite items to sanitize are our scores of stuffed animals, sunglasses, cell phone, keys, and wallets. It's satisfying to throw these odds and ends into the bag, press the button, and off we go. The purple light clearly turns on and I can walk away. A few minutes later, voila. This is a game changer! Look up UV technology if you are a skeptic — this is the real deal." —Los Angeles Mama
Get it from Amazon for $98.45.
12. A headlight lens restoration system that'll not only spiff up your ride, but make it easier (and safer) to drive at night as it'll enhance visibility. Who woulda thunk it?? 🤷♀️
What's included: One disc pad holder, six 3M sanding discs (500 grit), four 3M finishing discs (800 grit), one 3M Trizact refining disc, and one 3M rubbing compound.
Promising review: "What a fantastic product. Cannot even begin to say how amazing it works. I will let my before and after pictures do the talking. I will order this for my dad’s car and take care of it for Father’s Day!"—Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $13.14.
13. A suede and nubuck four-way leather brush cleaner to wipe away the heavy scuff marks and stains you thought you'd just have to live with now. Turns out with this baby and a little elbow grease, ya don't!
Promising review: "I ordered this brush hoping it would be able to clean my faux suede boots after a night of dancing in the dirt! To my surprise (but huge relief!), this small but handy brush got the job done! 98% of the dirt came off and even though my boots aren’t as dark black as they were before, this brush has allowed them to be wearable again! Five stars!" —Melissa
Get it from Amazon for $6.99.
14. A bottle of hypoallergenic and paraben-free makeup brush cleansing shampoo because unfortunately, sponges and brushes are a hot-bed for acne-hatching bacteria and cleaning them regularly costs a whole lot less than having to see a dermatologist.
Promising review: "This is the best darn makeup brush cleaner that has crossed my path. I have very sensitive skin and just the slightest amount of dirt left behind in my brushes will break me out. So that being said I used elbow grease for years trying to clean my brushes with store-bought brands that promised 'brand new' results... YEAH RIGHT! It Wasn't until I got this stuff and I became a believer. I was surprised at how clean my brushes were even the ones that I cleaned long before getting this cleaner that I thought were clean. I highly recommend especially if you value your skin's health. It has no harsh chemical and has a nice light scent." —Sarah Johnson Fernandez
Get it from Amazon for $6.99.
15. And to go with the above, a spinning makeup brush cleaner to eliminate caked on foundation, bronzer, and blush with très minimal effort. Plus, it's a bit like a science experiment, and who doesn't like that?
What's included: one brush spinner brush, two spindles, one spinner bowl, one splash guard ring, eight flexible brush collars, and one collar stand.
I (Chelsea) have one of these and my brushes have seriously never been cleaner. All you have to do is fill the bowl halfway with water and brush cleanser, attach your brush to whichever collar fits, dip it into the water, and turn the spinner on. I found there's a *bit* of a learning curve to using it (you have to hover your brush right at the top of the water and not fully submerge it), but once you get the hang of it, it's actually pretty fun. The best part, imo, is that you can spin your brushes almost completely dry! When I used to wash them by hand, I typically had to let them dry overnight before I could use them again but now they're ready to go in less than an hour.
Promising review: "Works AMAZINGLY well! Had all my brushes clean and looking brand new in the time it normally would have taken to hand wash one brush. If you hate cleaning your brushes, then you need this product. So easy and fun! I only wish I would have bought this sooner!" —Tellie82
Get it from Amazon for $22.99.
16. A pack of 100 pre-moistened lens wipes if polishing your glasses with whatever T-shirt you happen to be wearing just hasn't been cutting it.
17. A two-pack of flexible coil cleaner brushes for out-of-sight and hard-to-reach areas like your refrigerator coils. You'll be amazed (read: HORRIFIED) with what ya find back there!
Promising review: "This lint brush quite possibly saved me from having a fire start in my dryer. I finally broke down and ordered this set on Amazon and OMG! I plunged the brush into the lint screen area, pulled it out, and was slightly impressed BUT the more I kept doing it...THE MORE LINT CAME OUT! I was disgusted! I have had this dryer for over ten years and had never done this. Don't be like me, buy this lint brush cleaner." —Staze Craze
Get it from Amazon for $7.95.
18. An all-natural, antibacterial yoga mat cleaner spray because last time your friend convinced you to accompany them to a Bikram class, you sweat *literal* buckets. This formula detoxifies and disinfects with a grounding amethyst- or rose quartz-infused blend of tea tree and peppermint.
Soulistic Root is an Etsy shop founded in 2018 based in Denver, Colorado that specializes in natural bath and beauty products.
Promising review: "I love the smell of this product and it shipped quickly. Works as intended for my yoga mat and block." —Kelly Greene
19. A fume-free cleaner ready to erase years of baked-on drippings from the bottom of your oven. Some of them may be from you, others may be from previous tenants (or your children who've now gone off to college), but they're all gettin' wiped away now.
Promising review: "Ditch the baking powder and whatever else you have been using! I used this product in my oven and it did wonders. I followed the instructions and I chose to pre-heat my oven to 200 degrees then I sprayed the cleaner. I left it on for about 10–15 minutes and when I wiped it with my wet rag, the grease stains came off instantly. I was done cleaning in about 20 minutes." —iye
Get it from Amazon for $13.99.
20. Or, an eco-friendly oven scrub with a blend of plant- and mineral-derived purifying and disinfecting ingredients including eucalyptus, lemon, and peppermint oils, pumice stone, and baking soda.
Cleaning Studio is a Fairfield, Connecticut-based all-natural cleaning shop from Claudia and Angelo Zimmermann. Their oven cleaner comes with a professional-grade metallic scrubber you can use to scrub your appliance before wiping it down with a microfiber cloth.
Promising review: "I was skeptical because I had tried so many products to clean the glass on my oven doors with no luck. The auto clean cycle just baked it on the glass. THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! It took me about 15 minutes to get the glass on both my oven doors clean. Very minimal scrubbing effort required. I will be telling all of my friends." —Teresa Casner
21. An adjustable , three-blade blind duster capable of cleaning the grimiest blinds — we're talking top and bottom — in one fell swoop. This way, you won't be engulfed by a cloud of dust every time you crack them open.
It comes with five different covers that are all machine washable, thank goodness!
Promising review: "I got more excited about this find than is probably normal! This product is AMAZING! Everyone should own one. I've been using a Swiffer duster to clean my blinds. I have to clean one side, then the other, and there is STILL always dust left behind. This product is a game-changer. You can clean both sides of two blinds at once and grip them firmly to get ALL the dust off. Plus, it comes with five covers, so no matter how dirty your blinds are you should still be able to finish the whole house! I also love that you can wash the covers, so there is no money wasted on refills." —Sarah
Get it on Amazon for $7.99 (available in two packs).
22. An ooey gooey dust remover you can use on keyboards, air conditioners, car vents and anywhere else crumbs accumulate.
The lemon-scented biodegradable gel will pick up dirt and dust but won't stick to your fingers. It's basically adult Silly Putty.
Promising review: "I was skeptical at first; afraid my keyboard would be all gummed up with yellow slime! The opposite happened, though, and it cleaned it as good as new. Got all those dog hairs between the keys! No smell lingering on keyboard or my hands. No sign I even used it except a clean keyboard. Kind of fun to play with. Squeeze it between your fingers! LOL. My next task for it will be those dust return air vents on our heating system and use it on my dusty window blinds. This stuff works and I highly recommend!" —ZZZZZZ
Get it from Amazon for $6.77.
23. A pack of bottle-cleaning tablets that take your go-to water bottle from nasty to gleaming in just minutes. Idk who needs to hear this, but "rinsing" it with water everyday isn't enough. 😔
Promising review: "I seriously can't believe how well these little tablets work. I had the most disgusting HydroFlask coffee mug — I tried everything. A bottle brush, different kinds of soap, vinegar, EVERYTHING, and there was still a seemingly impenetrable layer of black sludge inside. I let a tablet sit in each of my mugs for an hour or two, and the black sludge rinsed out COMPLETELY, without even scrubbing. They look brand-new. What a magical product. No weird smell or taste afterward, either. I liked it so much I used it on another HydroFlask I use primarily to hold my Bloody Mary mix in the fridge. I couldn't put anything else in it because it would always taste like spicy tomato juice. Bottle Bright to the rescue! No residual smell or taste anymore. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING." —Amazon Customer
Get a 12-pack from Amazon for $8.
24. A sleek air purifier that doesn't just suck up whatever pollutants are swirling around in your home — because yes, even air is something you have to clean — it DESTROYS them on a molecular level. (Man I love science 😌)
The Air Mini+ uses a patented PECO filter which — when activated by light — first traps large particles and then destroys them before dispersing purified air. If you're concerned about VOCs, bacteria, mold, viruses, or allergens, this lil' guy is ready to jump into action.
Promising review: "We love this purifier so far! Breathing clean air is so important — now more than ever. I’m feeling much more confident about the air in our home since we’ve started using the Molekule Air Mini+ in our living room where we spend most of our time together as a family. I love that instead of just trapping the pollutants, it actually destroys them. It was so easy to set up, runs quietly, and looks beautiful in our home. I’m very happy with this purifier, it’s a must-have for those with allergies and pets!" —Stephanie
Get it from Amazon for $399+ (available in two sizes).
25. A jetted tub cleaner so you're not bathing in the remnants of whatever products the previous homeowner used. (The absolute horror.)
Promising review: "This stuff is magic! We've lived in our home for four years now and had never used our jetted tub. One day last week I decided I needed a nice long soak and I filled up the tub only to discover the water was rusty and yellow (SICK). I looked up the best way to clean a jetted bath tub and Oh Yuk came up over and over. Now I know why — this stuff is a miracle worker! We ran it through our tub several times until it was clear. We were so impressed, I purchased another bottle for my sister in law who is moving into her new house next week as a house warming gift. You will not be disappointed, and I'd be shocked if the first words out of your mouth when using this stuff wasn't 'OH YUK!'" —Kimmy D
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
26. An all-natural scouring paste sure to make every surface in your home ✨sparkle.✨I'm talking sinks, tubs, stove tops, grout, that annoying crevice between the back of the toilet and the wall — you name it!
Humble Suds is a small cleaning brand run by two moms — Holli Schuab and Jennifer Parnell — in Evergreen, Colorado. All of their products are made from powerful, plant-based ingredients and packaged with recyclable materials. They recommend applying a tablespoon of their scouring paste to a cloth and then scrubbing in a circular motion.
Promising review: "I used the surface scrub today on my bathtub and bathroom sink, and it works WONDERS! I love that the ingredients are minimal and organic, but gets the job done. I love this product!" —hinako jefferson
27. A pouch of foaming garbage disposal cleaner to eliminate the special stank that can only be produced after years of shredding up meat, produce, and whatever that mystery blob was that came out of your long-lost Tupperware.
Each pouch of lemon-scented formula gets you four uses. Dump a pack into your disposal (while off at first!), run the water just a bit, and then start it and watch as the blue foam gets to work eliminating odors and loosening up nasties that have been caught down there for who knows how long.
Promising review: "These are amazing! I was skeptical at first but I followed the directions (which are super easy) and was grossed out and satisfied at the same time to see the gunk that was removed. You put the entire packet down your disposal (I read that twice too) and magic happens in under two minutes! That is what I call powerful and successful cleaning! The scent is super clean and light with a hint of lemon. These will definitely be a cleaning staple for me." —KPITT
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $9.99.
28. A vacuum attachment you can use to suck lint out of your dryer because 1. Things are taking wayyyyy too long to dry and 2. This Is Us has given you a *major* fear of house fires. (Yes, that was caused by a different appliance but the point still stands.)
Promising review: "My upright dryer is 5 years old and I could see some lint on the walls where my lint tray goes so I thought it would be a good idea to clean it. Boy was I surprised to see how much stuff came out! I am so glad I bought this! Easy to use and gave me peace of mind preventing a fire 🔥" —charli
Get it from Amazon for $5.94+ (two versions available).
29. An Angry Mama microwave cleaner that, once filled with water and a dash of vinegar, will steam clean the grimiest of appliances. Hot Pocket grease, butter splatters, and burnt popcorn smells are no match for her.
Promising review: "My daughter cooked ramen noodles for three minutes without any water. Needless to say it was burnt and almost caught fire. I have scrubbed the microwave and couldn’t get the horrible smell out to the point it was giving me a headache. After several days I decided to ordered this before buying a new microwave. Got it today and used it and shocked it actually pulled most of the odor out that’s trapped in the upper vent. This $10 item saved me $200 to $400." —Angela D.
Get it from Amazon for $8.99+ (available in different sizes and packs of one or two).
30. A pack of dishwasher tablets because — womp, womp — the appliance that cleans your dishes needs some cleaning of its own. Used once a month, the septic-safe formula cuts through lime and mineral build-up like no one's business and will keep your dishwasher blissfully clean and odor-free.
Slip a single tablet in your detergent tray (or in the bottom of the dishwasher if it won't fit in there) and set it to a regular wash cycle. After it's finished, open it up to find limescale, hard water stains, and other mineral buildup completely wiped out.
Promising review: "I had tried lots of white vinegar for two cycles in my 20-year-old dishwasher for the cloudy and powdery dinginess it had started showing and it only helped about 30%. We have very hard water. This zapped the buildup and glass is clear again and colored plastics no longer have the powder-like coating. So glad I took a chance on this!" —J. Holden
Get it from Amazon for $5.98+ (available in packs of six or 12).
31. A concentrated leather cleaner you can use on ~literally~ anything made from leather. That means your couch, car seats, purses, shoes, jackets, or saddles if your family isn't full of dog or cat people, but horse people.
Promising review: "I bought a sorta white leather sectional for $150 stained and dirty but no major wear or tears. Well, the pictures tell it all! It took at least three cycles of gentle scrubbing and wiping off raised dirt and a little extra for bad stains! A lot of elbow grease but holy crap! Super nice couch now!" —iPoutside365
Get it from Amazon for $18.95.
32. A fur-eliminating broom capable of squeegeeing enough fur from your carpet that — if magically animated — could transform into one of Martha Stewart's Chow Chows. Idc how often you vacuum your carpet, this will unearth a *seriously* concerning amount of fur.
Promising review: "Do you have hair? Do you have pets that have hair? Have your broken three vacuum cleaners trying to clean up that hair? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you NEED the FURemover Broom. I unboxed it, used it on my stairs, and was amazed/appalled at the amount of hair that I got out of the carpet. I have a hound that likes to sleep on the couch, and a few quick strokes of the broom picked up a whole dog's worth of hair. Whether it’s flawless product design, science, or witchcraft, I’m hooked and will never clean without this again. Thanks FURemover for helping me out of this hairy situation." —Nina
Get it from Amazon for $12.44+ (available in six configurations).
33. A professional-strength grout cleaner that can remove years — yes, years — of grime from your home's floors. Turns out, you had white grout all along. Who knew? 🤷♀️
Promising review: "I never leave reviews on Amazon but this grout cleaner definitely deserved a review. I tried three other cleaners before buying Grout-eez and they did nothing but waste my time and money. Grout-eez got my grout perfectly clean in no time, plus it was easy to use and no odor. I'll never use another grout cleaner." —Tyler
Get it from Amazon for $19.95.