28 Unbelievably Affordable Solutions For Skincare Enthusiasts On A Budget
Because inexpensive ≠ ineffective 👏🏻
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Peach Slices gel moisturizer delivers an instant wave of hydration with a silky formula that goes on more like a serum. The clean, fragrance-free product also calms, brightens, and evens out skin tone with the aid of annatto seeds, grapefruit, and honey.
2. TruSkin Vitamin C Serum wards off wrinkles, evens out dark spots, and helps brighten your overall complexion with a 🍃plant-based🍃 blend of ingredients including hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, witch hazel, and jojoba oil.
3. CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser combines hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and glycerin to rid your pores of makeup, dirt, and excess oil while also locking in moisture. It's certainly no secret, but if you've been looking for a sign that it's time to finally try it, consider this it. ⬇
4. Revlon's Oil-Absorbing Volcanic Face Roller works just like your go-to oil-blotting sheets but it doesn't create any extra waste! Just roll the mattifying stick all over your T-zone (or anywhere else that gets greasy) and soak up excess oil.
5. The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% is like Sudafed, just for your skin. The highly-concentrated solution eliminates congestion and flushes out oil and sebum — AKA the waxy buildup that plugs your pores — with vitamin B3 and zinc.
6. Paula's Choice Oil-Reducing Cleanser — a cream-to-foam formula — eliminates excess oil, clears out your pores, and mattifies shine so you don't look like you rubbed french fry fingers all over your forehead.
7. La Roche-Posay Hydrating Gentle Cleanser was made for sensitive faces as its milky formula preserves your skin's natural protective barrier and pH level.
8. Thayers Witch Hazel Facial Toner tightens up pores, reduces redness, and keeps oil production in check with rose petal water, witch hazel extract, and aloe vera. As far as curb appeal goes (or counter, if you will), we also love that the bottle looks like it came from an old-timey apothecary.
9. Mighty Patch Hydrocolloid Spot Treatments speedily pull the pus out of your most worrisome whiteheads. (Sorry that was a gross sentence, but it is what it is 🤷♀️) Before you head to bed, just slap the dots right on any zits and they'll work their magic overnight.
10. The Inkey List Salycylic Acid Cleanser combines 2% salicylic acid + 0.5% allantoin + zinc compound to unclog pores, exfoliate, and reduce oil production. And diiiiid we mention it's only $10?!
11. Vanicream Gentle Cleanser removes, dirt, oil, and makeup without any added fragrances, preservatives, or harsh chemicals. This makes the gentle, moisturizing formula suitable for those with unrelenting eczema, psoriasis, ichthyosis, and/or acne.
12. The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution addresses a slew of skincare concerns from acne and uneven texture to fine lines and wrinkles. Once you slather it on, you'll probably wanna take a selfie or two 'cause you'll be looking like Kim Kardashian post-vampire facial.
13. e.l.f. Happy Hydration Cream is a deceivingly indulgent option that goes for just — are you ready for this? — $4. Four. freaking. dollars. The formula hydrates skin and locks in moisture with a few key ingredients: hemp seed oil, vitamin B5, hyaluronic acid, and niacinamide.
14. Versed Dew Point Moisturizing Gel-Cream works well with all skin types, but *especially* oily skin. The green tea and aloe vera moisturizer quickly absorbs, hydrates, and soothes — all without leaving a greasy sheen.
15. Krave Beauty The Beet Shield protects skin from everyday environmental irritants like the sun and airborne pollutants. Plus, it won't leave you looking like Casper the Friendly Ghost.
16. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Facial Cleansing Towelettes use an alcohol-free formula to cleanse your skin and wipe away everything from forehead grease to day-old waterproof mascara. Since they come individually wrapped, you don't have to worry about them drying out, either.
17. Dr. Pawpaw Multi-Purpose Balm is a one-stop remedy for chapped lips, dry hair, sunburned skin, cracked cuticles — you name it. The formula harnesses the power of pawpaw fruit, aloe vera leaf juice, and olive fruit oil in order to naturally address all of your skincare concerns.
18. Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water works as a cleanser and makeup remover. Use it in the a.m. and p.m. to hit refresh on your face before applying your regular moisturizer and serum.
19. Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Mask deeply (and we mean *deeply*) penetrates your pores and vacuums out impurities so well that its racked up more than 20,000+ 5-star ratings.
20. Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner purifies and refreshes skin without drying it out. If your face is sick of feeling like SpongeBob in that one (super uncomfy) ep where he refuses to ask Sandy for water, get this stuff ASAP.
21. Mario Badescu's iconic Drying Lotion may come in a tiny bottle but don't let that trick you. When applied with a Q-tip and left on overnight, the long-lasting, fast-acting formula zaps zits and draws all sorts of impurities.
22. Acure Brightening Facial Scrub with sea kelp and French green clay cleanses, softens, detoxifies, and evens out skin tone when used three times a week.
23. Bolden Glycolic Acid Toner combines glycolic acid and antioxidants to target dark spots, uneven texture, and fine lines. The brand says it's ideal for oily skin, blemish-prone skin, and those dealing with hyperpigmentation.
24. Reusable bamboo makeup remover pads make for a happy planet, wallet, and face. No more buying cotton rounds in bulk and having them overflow your bedroom wastebasket. (Maybe that last part is just me?)
25. Bliss Mint Chip Mania is a hydrating mask that creates a cooling sensation as it reduces redness and irritation and detoxifies your skin. Reviewers say it looks and smells just like ice cream. 😋
26. Ice rollers are a handy addition to your skincare regimen for multiple reasons. They shrink pores, prevent wrinkles, reduce redness, and relieve general fatigue. Some reviewers even recommend using them for migraine relief, too!
27. Tinkle eyebrow razors gently remove peach fuzz and exfoliate your skin in the process. Just pull your skin taut and glide the razor over any unwanted hair.
28. And silicone applicators make it super simple to apply mud masks, serums, body butters, etc. without introducing any icky bacteria that could be on your fingers. Plus, they make it easier to control the amount of product you're using so nothing goes to waste. Once you're done, just give them a good wash and they'll be ready to go again.
When you tell your friends that your new and improved complexion is thanks to some ~deliciously~ inexpensive products:
Some reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.