Just 30 Pieces That Say "Adult Onesie, But Make It Fashion"
Because easing back into "real people" clothes is no joke.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A tie-shoulder spaghetti strap romper that *looks* like it was snagged from Reformation's sample sale. Little do people know it actually came from Amazon, though, and cost just $28. And better yet, you didn't have to stand in line for hours in 95-degree heat.
Promising review: "WOW! Do yourself a favor and buy this romper. What a hit. I LOVE the bright green color, the neckline is super cute without being too revealing, and the romper actually fits! It has a zipper on the back and the bow tie sleeves also make it pretty adjustable. The fabric is light and silky which I love for hot summers in Florida! I NEVER wear rompers because I’m typically too tall but this fits perfectly. My butt doesn’t hang out and it’s not too cheeky — it is short, but the ruffle hides more. Everyone loved this on me! I 100% recommend!" —Jordan Marie
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and in eight colors/prints).
2. A stretchy drawstring jumpsuit so comfortable but stylish, you can wear it to bed and then roll right out and into your day without a wardrobe change.
Promising review: "I was a little skeptical and afraid of buying this online at first but when it arrived I was relieved. It’s soooooo soft and comfortable. And it fits true to size which is great since I was worried about it being small and form-fitting in all the wrong places. I love, love, LOVE that it has pockets. It looks great with a light top layer. I will be wearing this on my trip to Hawaii. Maximum comfort!" —STEPHENRH
Get it from Amazon for $30.99 (available in sizes S–XXL and in 32 colors/prints).
3. A short-sleeve playsuit that looks like a simple T-shirt and shorts sitch, but then you turnaround and reveal that — *BAM* — there's a keyhole keeping things interesting.
Promising review: "Oh. My. Word. Buy them all!! I’m a plus size nursing mama, and comfort is KEY around here. I bought this romper after looking at several, and I’m so glad I went with this one!! It’s super comfortable, easy on and off, affordable, and best part? IT HAS POCKETS! You can also dress it up or down! Great to just wear around the house, but if you need to run an errand, throw on some cute sandals and earrings and you have a cute but effortless look. I am a huge fan of these, and I’ll be buying more colors for sure." —Buda Family
Get it from Amazon for $26.77+ (available in sizes 14 Plus–26 Plus and in nine colors/prints).
4. A strapless playsuit with a bandeau-style elastic bust guaranteed to stay where it's supposed to no matter your cup size. Don't believe me? Reviewers from A to DD attest to just that!
Promising review: "This romper is everything!!!! It's a cover-up. It's a cute, but lazy style. It's a going shopping style, a date style, a brunch style. It's amazing. It fits well and stays up, which was unexpected since I'm an A cup. I only had an issue with it falling down when I had a bikini underneath, but no problems when I went braless. I definitely recommend this." —Hannah
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in sizes 4–10 and in 12 colors/prints).
5. A ruched bust piece that even eliminates the need for undergarments (up top, anyways). Don't worry — it's double-lined!
Beginning Boutique is a woman-founded Aussie brand based in Brisbane. In an effort to be more sustainable and ethical, they ship in compostable packaging and partner with programs like Thread Together to recycle and upcycle old stock.
Get it from Beginning Boutique for $34.99 (originally $59.99; available in sizes 0–12).
6. A tie-waist deep-V romper with so many points of visual interest I don't even know where to start. The ruffled hem?? The voluminous sleeves?? The playful print??
Promising review: "I absolutely FELL IN LOVE with this romper!! I’ve had terrible luck with rompers since my shoulders are a bit wider and I have a bigger chest so it makes it difficult to find a romper that fits perfectly in all the right places but this one definitely does! Super comfy and elegant but also able to be dressed down. Inspired me to find even more!" —Celina Revollar
Get it from Amazon for $23.99 (available in sizes S–XXL and in five colors/prints).
7. A ruffled deep-V romper ideal for date night whether that happens to be with your boo or your real numero uno — yourself. If you haven't taken yourself out lately, pls do!
Promising review: "This romper is EVERYTHING! It's so comfortable and I'm so obsessed that I bought another in a different color the night I wore it. It fits true to size! You will not regret this purchase!!" —Angel A.
Get it from Amazon for $23.99 (available in sizes S–XL and in eight colors/prints).
8. A retro single-strap romper that'd most certainly make me feel like an extra (a ~risque~ one, at that) on the set of Mad Men.
9. A retro belted romper in a whimsical orange print that makes me want to jet off to Palm Springs and down a few tropical cocktails while I'm at it.
10. A wide-leg jumpsuit that ~looks~ like a maxi dress, but gives you the same freedom of motion as pants so you can sit in the most unladylike of manner without worry.
11. A halter-neck romper with an elastic waist that keeps everything in place so you don't end up with dreaded diaper butt — the downfall of any subpar jumpsuit.
Promising review: "This romper is so cute and it is comfortable and lightweight enough to wear in the summer! It is true to size. The elastic band at the waistline is comfortable and provides a stylish easy-to-wear look. The variety of colors and prints are great and the fabric feels light and airy. This is great for a luncheon or dressed up with heels for a dinner out on the town." —Wild Hearts Farm
Get it from Amazon for $25.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and in eight colors/prints).
12. A Swiss dot romper that makes me want to drive to the nearest castle (I'm thinking something like the Biltmore, in Asheville), and frolic through the perfectly manicured gardens.
Promising review: "What can I say? This romper is just too cute for words! The fabric is beautiful and fits me perfectly. You can add a belt if you want to cinch the waist or leave it be. The length is perfect, too! I want it in every color! My OOTDs on IG would be popping!" —Emstateofmindprime
Get it from Amazon for $22.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and in 16 colors).
13. A boho one-piece with bat sleeves that'll allow you to enjoy the breeze on even the most balmy of days. (PS: Can someone tell NYC to calm it down with this heat wave 🥵)
Promising review: "Soooo flowy and fun. It's a perfect anyBODY romper. I usually wear a medium and bought a medium and it still has room. The waist is elastic. I can dress it up or just throw it on and go. Perfect for a midwest spring/summer. Would recommend." —Jasmine R.
Get it from Amazon for $30.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and in eight colors).
14. A wide-leg, spaghetti-strap jumpsuit that just *begs* you to hang out by a pool right this second. If you don't have one, go befriend someone who does.
Promising review: "Already thinking about buying more...these are so comfortable and lightweight without being sheer. I LOVE the fabric and the cut; it hangs perfectly and looks great as is or dressed up with a belt . And curvy ladies...no need to worry about chaffing with this gem! A go-to for hot summer days when I want to stay cool and comfortable." —Q
Get it from Amazon for $20.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and in 23 colors/prints).
15. A backless polka-dotted playsuit with an adjustable halter neck so you don't have to pull at ill-fitting straps all day.
16. A super simple tank top romper suitable for literally any (casual) activity you can imagine. I dare you to find something that this wouldn't work for. Go ahead...I'm waiting.
Promising review: "So in love with this romper! It's soft, it's light, and it fits fabulously! I'm always hesitant about rompers in general because I have a long torso and long legs. Most are too short and expose way too much of my butt. I'm pleased that this one is long enough! It has a cute waist tie so you can tighten or loosen it. I bought the red color and thought it was going to be a bit deeper red but it is a true red. Lastly, if you've got hesitations... buy it! You'll love it!" —Meg Raven
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and in 16 colors/prints).
17. A ruffled romper with a faux-wrap silhouette that gives what it's supposed to give without you needing to readjust ever few minutes.
Promising review: "I am completely in love with this romper! I have such a hard time finding rompers that fit and look right on me and this one definitely wins! I hate strapless bras so I put a lacy bralette under it and thought it paired well together. I like that the straps are adjustable as well." —Asheic
Get it from Target for $25 (available in sizes XS–XXL and in four colors/prints).
18. A ruffle-sleeved one-piece beloved by hundredsssss of reviewers for its carefree comfort and versatility. I recently joined the club and let me just say — they aren't lying.
Smash + Tess is a woman-founded small biz from mother/daughter/bestie trio Ashley and Teresa Freeborn and Mercedes Laporte. The Vancouver-based brand constructs their best-selling rompers from a sustainable cotton and bamboo rayon that excels in maintaining its softness and shape.
I've had my Smash + Tess romper for just over a week now and I'm not embarrassed to say I've worn it four times already. It's SO freaking comfortable and — even better — completely effortless. I did find that they run a little large, so my advice is to size down one if you're worried. That said, after washing mine, it did shrink just a bit. I really can't recommend it enough!
Promising review: "I feel so carefree wearing these rompers!! It’s clearly an easy outfit but is so stylish at the same time!" —Sabena L.
Get it from Smash + Tess for $119 (available in sizes XXS Petite—XXXL).
20. An easy peasy unitard that'll make you feel like an Olympic athlete even though the only competitive sport you're currently partaking in is a Bachelorette bracket.
Promising review: "*Squidward voice*: Fuuuuuuutuuuure. This item of clothing is streamlined, comfortable, and above all — the future. It makes me feel like I have tapped into a cheat code of garments. Wearing this feels appropriate in so many different settings and I cannot wait to hike into the future in it this summer." —Hanna K.
Get it from Girlfriend Collective for $78 (available in sizes XXS–6X and in 11 colors).
21. A pair of relaxed linen overalls with an oh-so-comfy drapey silhouette and two mega pockets where you can keep your essentials: your AirPods, pack of half-melted gum, and Tamagotchi because your virtual pet has a playdate coming up.
Promising review: "These are perfect to wear casually over a T-shirt to go shopping, run errands, or bum around at home. The fit is pretty baggy which I was hoping for, and the material is very light. I read other reviews and sized down. Very cute!" —Kimberly
Get it from Amazon for $15.99+ (available in sizes S–3XL and in four colors).
22. A ruffled, off-the-shoulder romper that will soon replace your baggy tee + leggings combo since it is just one blissful piece. That means it takes ~half~ the effort out of getting ready even if the only place you're going is your couch.
Get it from Forever 21 for $39.99 (available in sizes 0X–3X).
23. A pair of leopard-print shorteralls with adjustable ties and a deep-V back so you can show off the shoulder tattoo you got during quarantine (at the end — don't blow your lid!) and no one has seen yet.
24. A one-and-done boiler suit-style romper because sometimes, just having to change out of PJs and then pick out undergarments is already more than I can handle.
25. A tie-front romper with a lil' peek-a-boo rib action. The tie is adjustable, so it's suitable for boobs of all sizes and it comes in a whole slew of colors if it ends up being your go-to summer fit.
Promising review: "I LOVE THIS ROMPER. I would say it runs true to size. The arms are a little tight on me but not uncomfortable. I usually get black to be safe and then I’ll buy more colors if I like something. I now own two other colors. The top part is perfect for all boob sizes. I did it with a cute bralette underneath but honestly you could do a regular bra or nothing at all." —E
Get it from Amazon for $17.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and in 17 colors/prints).
26. A Free People sweatshirt-style onesie you can pair with sneakers and a jean jacket before running out to grab your second coffee of the day. (And maybe make a stop at Target, too...)
PS: Almost all reviewers suggest sizing down one!
Promising review: "This is so cute, so comfortable, and absolutely perfect for lounging and running errands. I ordered a size down and would definitely suggest that to someone looking to purchase. I debated about getting it for so long and once I did, I ended up getting two more!" —ShelbyAnne
Get it from Free People for $118 (available in sizes XS–XL and in four colors).
27. And a strapless jumpsuit that looks like two pieces but is delightfully only one! Plus, the wide leg gives you options — wear them as is or tie them up like the clever reviewer below.
Promising review: "Love this staple piece! It is so comfy although it looks like I am dressed up. It also fits true to size and is NOT see through! I knotted the bottoms but you can also wear it down regular. I also love that this jumpsuit stays up with the elastic even though it is strapless!" —Hannah
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and in nine colors).
28. A wide-leg linen jumpsuit with a generous tie-waist that you can loosen after a big ol' Chipotle lunch.
Linen Fairytales is a Bulgaria-based Etsy shop that specializes in linen pajamas, robes, skirts, dresses, tops — you name it. Currently, their production time is one to two weeks.
Promising review: "I got this jumper in navy and it is a real showstopper! Beautifully made, fun to wear, and beautiful on. I can't wait to wear it at home and into town." —hippietrinkets
29. A formfitting Free People Movement onesie you can wear while completing your YouTube HIIT workout and then pair with sandals when you're ready to run errands or hit your outdoor brunch spot.
Promising review: "I have never worn a onesie before, but I love this. I wear it multiple times a week. I usually do a loose tank over the top or an off-the-shoulder sweatshirt because it is still slightly cool here in North Florida. It fits true to size. I have to wear a sports bra underneath, but I always have to wear a bra. The top fits similar to a one-piece swimsuit." —HilaryRing
Get it from Free People for $88 (available in sizes XS/S–M/L and in 17 colors).