1. We all know elephants are facing major obstacles from ivory poaching, human-wildlife conflict, or habitat destruction…
2. …unfortunately, one of the many problems is that it leaves hundreds of baby elephants orphaned.
4. There are currently 101 elephants in the orphanage, each with its own story of surviving ivory poaching, human-wildlife conflict, or habitat destruction.
5. After an elephant is rescued, it is brought to the Elephant Orphanage in Nairobi National Park.
6. There, each elephant is given 24-hour specialist care until it is ready to be re-released in the wild.
7. So far, over 120 elephants have been released, giving them a second chance at the life they deserve.
8. Which is pretty great because elephants are some of the most adorable creatures around.
9. Not to mention, empathetic.
10. They love playing…
11. …and showing off their little tushies…
12. …and hanging with their family.
13. Look at this curious twitter and TELL ME YOU ARE NOT SWOONING.
14. And this little napper.
15. With that cute smile, it’s hard to believe they face such intense obstacles…
16. …but they do, and it’s humans’ duty to protect them.
17. I mean, look at these cuties!
18. Happy World Elephant Day!!!
For more information or to donate, you can visit here.
- Donald Trump accused former Miss Universe Alicia Machado of being in a sex tape, calling her "disgusting." He's appeared in a softcore porn.
- The hair vitamins promoted by the Kardashians make "largely inaccurate" nutrient claims, according to lab tests.
- In a newly released video deposition, Trump implied he planned to call Mexicans "rapists" when he announced his presidential run.