1. We all know elephants are facing major obstacles from ivory poaching, human-wildlife conflict, or habitat destruction…
2. …unfortunately, one of the many problems is that it leaves hundreds of baby elephants orphaned.
4. There are currently 101 elephants in the orphanage, each with its own story of surviving ivory poaching, human-wildlife conflict, or habitat destruction.
5. After an elephant is rescued, it is brought to the Elephant Orphanage in Nairobi National Park.
6. There, each elephant is given 24-hour specialist care until it is ready to be re-released in the wild.
7. So far, over 120 elephants have been released, giving them a second chance at the life they deserve.
8. Which is pretty great because elephants are some of the most adorable creatures around.
9. Not to mention, empathetic.
10. They love playing…
11. …and showing off their little tushies…
12. …and hanging with their family.
13. Look at this curious twitter and TELL ME YOU ARE NOT SWOONING.
14. And this little napper.
15. With that cute smile, it’s hard to believe they face such intense obstacles…
16. …but they do, and it’s humans’ duty to protect them.
17. I mean, look at these cuties!
18. Happy World Elephant Day!!!
For more information or to donate, you can visit here.
- Thousands have made it to the Women's March on Washington to stand up for women's rights and protest Donald Trump.
- Crowds for the Women's March in Washington, DC, are turning out to be much larger than for the inauguration so far.
- People are participating in the Women's March today all the way in Antarctica, surrounded by penguins ❄️
- "We shall overcomb." People across America are getting creative and making some pretty epic signs for the Women's March.