1. This is Shaka, the newest member of the Squaw Valley Avalance Rescue Team.
2. The rescue team is very skilled as both search-and-rescuers as well as avalanche awareness teachers.
4. They’re even members of the Placer Country Sheriff Search and Rescue Team so their help can extend regionally, if necessary.
5. This little goober was named after a long-time patroller and avid surfer “Shaka Don” Schott.
The “shaka” handsign, a closed fist with thumb and pinkie held out, means “hang loose” among surfers.
6. Shaka is still in the process of training to get to be with the big guys but he’s doing great so far!
7. He certainly has the dutiful look to make for an outstanding rescuer.
8. Plus, he’s downright adorable!
- Congressional Republicans have made it clear that they disagree with President-elect Donald Trump's plan on how to keep jobs in the US.
- At least 36 people died in Friday's fire at a warehouse party in Oakland. Prosecutors say murder charges are possible.
- Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter, and YouTube are teaming up to target and remove terrorist content on their platforms 💻📌
- Nordstrom is selling a stone wrapped in a leather case for $85 and people are…confused ⁉️