1. There are currently only 400 Sumatran tigers left in the wild, putting them at extremely high risk of going extinct.
2. In an effort to bring awareness to this problem, Smithsonian’s National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute teamed up with the band, Portugal the Man.
3. The band created the song “Sumatran Tiger” and distributed the only 400 records with this song on them, on Earth Day this year.
4. The records will degrade over time as the record is played and the song will only survive if the song gets digitized.
5. Without effort, the tigers will disappear as well.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏