1. There are currently only 400 Sumatran tigers left in the wild, putting them at extremely high risk of going extinct.
2. In an effort to bring awareness to this problem, Smithsonian’s National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute teamed up with the band, Portugal the Man.
3. The band created the song “Sumatran Tiger” and distributed the only 400 records with this song on them, on Earth Day this year.
4. The records will degrade over time as the record is played and the song will only survive if the song gets digitized.
5. Without effort, the tigers will disappear as well.
- It's the third day of the Democratic National Convention. Here's where things stand 🇺🇸
- Prosecutors have dropped remaining charges against Baltimore police officers related to the death of Freddie Gray.
- Twelve states will support Obama's transgender policies in court after other states sued to block the rules.