1. There are currently only 400 Sumatran tigers left in the wild, putting them at extremely high risk of going extinct.
2. In an effort to bring awareness to this problem, Smithsonian’s National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute teamed up with the band, Portugal the Man.
3. The band created the song “Sumatran Tiger” and distributed the only 400 records with this song on them, on Earth Day this year.
4. The records will degrade over time as the record is played and the song will only survive if the song gets digitized.
5. Without effort, the tigers will disappear as well.
- It's Day 2 of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. Here's what you need to know🇺🇸
- Three Qaddafi henchmen who are wanted for embezzling millions from Libya have been found living comfortably in Britain.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a church attack that killed a priest in northern France on Tuesday.