86. Norm the Pug
Why it matters: Norm was the first dog to be brave enough to take the first dog selfie.
77. The Surreptitious Shitter
Why it matters: This is actually an award-winning photo due to the dog in the background. The prize money was the center of a huge lawsuit, as the dog felt he deserved half. The lawsuit, Dog v. LIFE, set a precedent for all subsequent dog trials everywhere.
72. The Pugumentary
Why it matters: This is the first time the pug and his corgi brother were left home alone. The corgi was fine but the pug insisted on documenting it Blair Witch style for the two hours their parents were gone. This is the only record we have of that fateful night.
64. The Inspiration
Why it matters: This dog doesn’t care about his setbacks. He enjoys life to the fullest and wants you to as well. Be this dog.
61. The Team
Why it matters: Kids and dogs are the ultimate best friends and this just proves that point.
49. Ray Charles
Why it matters: Not only is Ray Charles a downright INSPIRATION for being such a brave blind pup, but he grew up into quite an adorable hunk. This is also the best test to see if you have a heart: Did you smile? Congrats, you have one!
Also because this look:
Why it matters: This is literally Madonna. The singer. This is really her.
11. The Swimmer
Why it matters: Ralph could see the finish up ahead. As the first dog to swim across the English Channel, he knew what a momentous occasion this was. Even as his body languished, exhausted from his endeavor, his eyes could not help but betray his excitement at the prospect of finally achieving his dream.
AKA OMG THOSE EYES.
8. An Artistic Interpretation of the Stoned Birthday Dog
Why it matters: This photo matters so much that, despite not being able to use the real photo for copyright reasons, I needed to draw my own interpretation. He is so cute and you should check out the the real thing but also just heheheheh.
5. The Awkward Yeller
Why it matters: We all remember the great Dog/Boar Battle of 1997, which threatened to tear apart the long-lasting Peace Between the Species Treaty of 1723. Although the Peace was ultimately restored, this picture from the front lines is a powerful reminder of what we could have lost.
Note: Because of the heavy influence of bear military tactics to their cause, the boar was originally misidentified as such.
3. The Surfers
Why it matters: Because that middle dog was brave enough to express how we all feel when confronting something new and scary.
1. The Parade Champion
Why it matters: Because this parade was FOR this dog. Sure, the humans didn’t originally intend it that way. But once the humans saw this pooch, they cheered and just knew that they were witnessing greatness. This is probably the most beautiful picture to ever exist on earth.
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called "global gag rule," barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- In the first major lawsuit of his presidency, Donald Trump has been sued by top legal scholars over alleged conflicts of interest with his foreign business entanglements.
- Samsung finally explained why its Galaxy Note 7 kept catching fire, blaming a combo of faulty batteries and improper welding in the phones📱🔥
- Alt-right news platform Breitbart News is set to expand its presence in Italy, BuzzFeed News has learned 📰 🇮🇹