Here’s Everything You’ve Ever Wondered About Credit But Were Too Scared To Ask
Knowledge is power! Spend confidently with Chase Slate, the card designed to help you keep moving forward.
Let's be honest for a second: Credit can be confusing.
Like, is it good? Is it bad? How does one build credit? What's a credit score? Can someone please, for the love all that is good and pure in this world, explain what a "hard inquiry" is?
Well, good news: You never have to wonder about the basics of credit ever again because Mical Jeanlys, General Manager of the Chase Slate credit card, has the answers to all the questions you've been too embarrassed/ashamed/scared to ask!
1. "So...credit. What is it?"
2. "What if I'm not planning to apply for a loan? Does my credit still matter?"
3. "OK, credit is super important. Got it. How do I find out if I have good credit?"
4. "What if I know my credit score but I don't know what the number means?"
5. "Does having a credit card help or hurt if I'm trying to build credit?"
6. "Say, hypothetically, I wasn't happy with my credit score and wanted to improve it. What should I do?"
7. "I've heard that checking your credit score can make it go down. What's that about?"
8. "Wait, so if I'm shopping around trying to find the best rate for a mortgage or car loan, is that going to destroy my credit score?"
9. "How do I know if I have the right credit card for my needs?"
And there you have it: All the basics of credit you've been putting off learning. Not so scary, right?
All facts provided by Chase Slate