1. Compliments, but with a few thinly veiled shots thrown in. Here’s Twitter’s outgoing director of product, Ryan Sarver:
2. Video load burn…
.@instagram if you’re going to make a big announcement like this, you should at least make sure your “debut video” loads.
3. Engineering manager, Tim Wilkinson:
Yes folks, 9 more seconds of video. Silicon Valley has still got it. #solvingTheHardProblems
6. Instavine? Yawn.
7. “15 seconds of regret”
A little too much hyperbole in the statements for my taste: “Cinema will change video forever”. Video stabilization isn’t new to the world.
9. Not everyone was bitter though…because, you know, competition!
Today is an example of how the tech industry works: Someone comes up w/ an idea, then everyone iterates on it. I’d say that’s a good thing.
- Hillary Clinton came closer than ever to attacking Donald Trump's character and tied her opponent to the "alt-right" movement.
- Italy declared a state of emergency in the regions hardest hit by Wednesday's earthquake. At least 267 people have died and 400 others were injured.
- And we asked tourists and locals in Nice, France, what the burkini ban means to them.