1. Compliments, but with a few thinly veiled shots thrown in. Here’s Twitter’s outgoing director of product, Ryan Sarver:
2. Video load burn…
.@instagram if you’re going to make a big announcement like this, you should at least make sure your “debut video” loads.
3. Engineering manager, Tim Wilkinson:
Yes folks, 9 more seconds of video. Silicon Valley has still got it. #solvingTheHardProblems
6. Instavine? Yawn.
7. “15 seconds of regret”
A little too much hyperbole in the statements for my taste: “Cinema will change video forever”. Video stabilization isn’t new to the world.
9. Not everyone was bitter though…because, you know, competition!
Today is an example of how the tech industry works: Someone comes up w/ an idea, then everyone iterates on it. I’d say that’s a good thing.
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎