This afternoon Elon Musk unveiled his open source plans for the Hyperloop, a high speed transit system he once described as “cross between a rail gun, the Concord, and an air hockey table.” The prospect of Musk’s latest moonshot idea — which would shuttle people between San Francisco and Los Angeles in less than 30 minutes — has a lot of people pretty excited, but chances are we won’t see it for quite some time. I mean, have you been on public transportation lately?
Here’s just a few things you might be able to expect before you’re packed in Elon Musk’s low pressure/magnetic tube launcher and rocketed toward a distant metropolis:
6. You will have a weekly hangout with Richard Branson and Elon Musk to discuss high speed intercontinental travel
12. Basically, this.
13. Sorry, guys. You can read all about the plans here, though.
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Apple's annual sales have fallen for the first time in 15 years... but the company still makes $100 million every day 🍎📉
- 🔎 Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️