If you’ve been on the internet in the last 18 months, you’ve probably seen at least some footage of Felix Baumgartner’s jump from the outer reaches of the atmosphere. Today though, GoPro has released all new video, captured from seven mounted cameras on Baumgartner’s suit. They chronicle the entire vertigo-inducing jump from beginning to end. The video is part of a teaser for GoPro’s Super Bowl ad campaign, but the footage is so captivating that you really need to go and watch it for yourself.
3. This is what it looks like to open the latch and find yourself in the upper reaches of the atmosphere, nearly touching the heavens like a god.
4. And this is what it looks like to look out over your planet, stare death in the eye, and salute it like an absolute crazy person.
5. And this is what madness looks like.
6. Seriously. That’s 24 miles above the Earth.
8. This is what it looks like seconds before you start spinning out of control miles and miles above everyone you know and love.
9. And this is what it looks like when things aren’t going so well at over 500 miles per hour…it’s basically a scene from Gravity…
10. And THIS is what it looks like when you avert certain doom and ready yourself for a triumphant, heroic return to your planet.
11. Seriously, watch the whole thing here in full screen, high definition.
- More than 700 refugees and migrants are feared dead following three shipwrecks in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Donald Trump mused on America's energy future in a North Dakota speech and some of his vision makes little sense.
- Lawmakers have demanded crackdown on a California college that faked grades, skated by immigration authorities, and made a fortune, after a BuzzFeed News investigation.