If you’ve been on the internet in the last 18 months, you’ve probably seen at least some footage of Felix Baumgartner’s jump from the outer reaches of the atmosphere. Today though, GoPro has released all new video, captured from seven mounted cameras on Baumgartner’s suit. They chronicle the entire vertigo-inducing jump from beginning to end. The video is part of a teaser for GoPro’s Super Bowl ad campaign, but the footage is so captivating that you really need to go and watch it for yourself.
3. This is what it looks like to open the latch and find yourself in the upper reaches of the atmosphere, nearly touching the heavens like a god.
4. And this is what it looks like to look out over your planet, stare death in the eye, and salute it like an absolute crazy person.
5. And this is what madness looks like.
6. Seriously. That’s 24 miles above the Earth.
8. This is what it looks like seconds before you start spinning out of control miles and miles above everyone you know and love.
9. And this is what it looks like when things aren’t going so well at over 500 miles per hour…it’s basically a scene from Gravity…
10. And THIS is what it looks like when you avert certain doom and ready yourself for a triumphant, heroic return to your planet.
11. Seriously, watch the whole thing here in full screen, high definition.
- It's Day 2 of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. Here's what you need to know.
- Three Qaddafi henchmen who are wanted for embezzling millions from Libya have been found living comfortably in Britain.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a church attack that killed a priest in northern France on Tuesday.