Small businesses are trading in their sandwich boards for a strange, new, and weirdly effective advertising gimmick: drones.
Almost weekly, a new viral video emerges featuring a company that’s found some clever way to use the flying machines to hawk a product and drum up publicity.
9. The gimmicks feel futurisitic, they’re not all that practical…
But while drones are fun and great at driving YouTube views, these are, in the purest sense, just PR stunts. Domino’s won’t be dropping off a pizza at your door via drone any time soon, and laundry drones aren’t something we should expect to see in popular use in the foreseeable future.
However, the stunts do mark another real, practical use for drones: they’re not just for killing people! They also have a knack for marketing.
- 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture include: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," and "Hidden Figures" 🎥 🎬
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.
- "The Great Liberation Of France" is a private chat room that Trump Supporters are using to manipulate French voters 💬👀