And, I mean, why not, right?! Social media is a great way to #jointheconversation and #amplify your #brand message. It's a fun way to reach a new #audience and #connect.
But #TakingThePlunge on social media can be scary, even for agencies that manage a sprawling #GlobalSurveillanceInfrastructure! So here are a few tips for the CIA to increase engagement via social media. Below are some suggested images and tweets that are sure to get people #talking.
Welcome aboard, guys! And remember: HAVE #FUN!
1. Be sure to share images to increase Twitter engagement (up to 150%!!!)
2. Share relevant links! According to Buffer, Tweets that include links are 86% more likely to be retweeted!
3. Have #fun with pop culture. Get a little silly!
4. When it comes to #brands, transparency is key.
5. Social media experts say, "Your tweets have a 12x higher chance of being retweeted if you ask for it."
6. Be sure to take part in hashtags like #ThrowBackThursday. Tweets with hashtags get 2x more engagement!
Charlie Warzel is a senior writer for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York. Warzel reports on and writes about the intersection of tech and culture.
Contact Charlie Warzel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.