1. Sandler plays a sarcastic middle-aged everyman who dresses like he’s recruiting for a college fraternity.
2. He has an extremely attractive wife, who exists solely to look nice, laugh at his jokes and occasionally move the plot along.
3. He lives in a sprawling palatial mansion.
4. His vast wealth is explained by a high-powered media job that he seems in no way qualified for.
5. It’s probably a job in advertising, or some other industry that will allow Sandler to crowbar in a ridiculous amount of product placement.
6. At the outset of the film, Sandler’s boss tells him he needs to secure The Big Contract.
7. Overwhelmed by the task, Sandler seeks advice from his bumbling, layabout friends.
(All of whom are played by Sandler’s co-stars from Saturday Night Live.)