1. First things first: Any kind of Australian related list that contains the word ‘definitive’.
This is how furious we get when people try to group us into one stereotype. Australians are all individuals okay! Some of us are bogans and some of us are really bogans. You can’t just put us in a box.
3. When we go overseas and someone asks us why Australians are so racist.
Because everybody knows somebody, who met somebody, who had a cousin that had a roommate, who went to Australia and saw somebody being racist to someone else… or something. There is racism everywhere, but the more you try to explain that to them - the more defensive you sound.
6. The ‘budget love’ commercial.
None of us thought it could get any worse than the old bloke and the French woman… and yet now that the aliens have arrived, we find ourselves confused and somewhat concerned about what happened to Michael and Michelle.
The boozh-ay/budget debate strikes fiery arguments in many Australian households.
11. The surprise bad coffee.
People seem to just be catching on to the fact that Australia has some of the best roasters and baristas in the world. Because we’re so spoiled for choice, we can get pretty angry about a bad cup of coffee. Whether it was an apprentice’s first day or just an off batch of beans, we’ve all experienced that random gross cup of coffee.
13. Today Tonight and A Current Affair.
These two programs are so infuriating, that someone has created a Facebook page for the sole purpose of supporting their cancellations. Honestly though, in small doses they both make for great comedy.
15. The lack of petrol stations and rest stops between cities.
This especially makes us mad when we go to the States and notice that every 20km they have petrol stations, restaurants and sometimes even theme parks. We don’t want to bulldoze our wildlife or anything… we’re just asking for a few more options here and there.
So what do you hate as an Aussie?
Besides this list.
- A judge has blocked Trump's order to deny funds to sanctuary cities that "refuse to comply" with immigration authorities.
- Fox News anchor Kelly Wright and 12 other current and former employees are suing the network for racial discrimination and harassment.
- The humanitarian crisis in Venezuela is so bad that people are walking over to Brazil to get the food and medicines they need.
- A 5-year-old girl cosplayed Jyn Erso so she could deliver the Death Star plans to Princess Leia 🙏