1. Internet has a much bigger place in your heart than in your supervisor's.
2. You don't want anyone telling you that you can't do something.
3. You make fun daily of academia's seriousness.
4. You get weird reactions when you tell people in academia that you play videogames.
5. You can't imagine how people wrote their thesis without a computer before.
6. When you walk in a meeting where your supervisor has already settled to "break you" and be intentionally harsh, you see right through his/her strategy and just wait until it's over.
7. You've been dealing with procrastination on the internet since your teenage years: you can basically write your entire thesis with Gmail and Facebook tabs open. (right?)
8. You wear blazers ironically only, but no one knows that.
9. You don't see a difference between the links you share on social media and your thesis bibliography: you carefully construct both, as your online persona.
10. The way you write, respond to, and understand emails is a million miles away from the way your supervisor does.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!