21 Things That Can Keep You Seriously Engrossed For Hours
These items will make you wish there were more hours in a day.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An easy-to-use gardening kit so you can fake your way to a green thumb. This set allows you to become a plant mom of five with basil, cilantro, parsley, sage, and thyme seeds.
2. A knitting kit designed to keep you cute and occupied for hours. This is made especially for beginners, which means even the most novice knitter can create super stylish items for themselves, family, and friends. No need for any tutorials (although their website has a ton!).
3. A lettering and calligraphy workbook so you can achieve Pinterest-worthy penmanship! This guide is beginner friendly and offers a paperback or spiral-bound option.
4. A chess set that teaches you the game and, most importantly, patience! Each set comes with a standard chess board, 32 chessman pieces, and a deck of 56 action cards that shows you how to put the winning moves into action. It may take a while, but with practice? You'll go from beginner to chess master.
5. A DIY memoir journal with thought-provoking prompts like "what do you remember most about your childhood?" — because everyone's got a story to tell. It also includes questions that dig deep about your family, relationships, and future.
6. A fun building model kit that will unleash your inner architect! Perfect as a single or multi-person activity, this can take three plus hours and help improve your attention to detail.
7. A Hunt A Killer murder mystery set guaranteed to make you feel like you're in a movie. This immersive board game includes puzzles and challenges that can be played alone or with groups of up to four! Decode riddles and solve puzzles to figure out who the murderer is as you play the star in this story driven true crime game.
8. A challenging Sudoku puzzle book to keep your mind ~sharp~. Reviewers love that this book is HUGE (it's packed with over 1,000 puzzles) so it will keep you occupied for long periods of time.
9. The All Souls Trilogy book series full of witches, vampires, and mystery. You'll be so engrossed that your Netflix app will start to get jealous.
10. A Friends Lego set so you can produce an animated redo of the finale (Rachel was too good for Ross!). Friends may have ended 14 years ago but this Lego replica will live forever — or at least until you take it apart! The set comes with 1,070 pieces to recreate Central Perk, the entire main cast, and their favorite barista, Gunther.
11. A sparkling Milky Way galaxy puzzle that is a must-have for any astronomy lover with a lot of time on their hands! This has 1,000 pieces made from durable recycled paper.
12. A label-maker so you never mistake the sugar for salt ever again! This is so easy to use that you won't just stop at your spice rack — prepare to label everything in your pantry, home office, wardrobe, and more.
13. A mini projector to upgrade your binge-watching sessions — because if there's anything that could make watching The Office any better, it's definitely this!
14. An STMT DIY Bath Bomb kit so you can enjoy the fruits of your labor with a relaxing soak. The kit makes five bath bombs and comes with two scents (lavender and vanilla) that you can mix together or use alone. This makes the perfect gift, but you'll be tempted to keep it all to yourself!
15. A big book of brain puzzles that will keep left-brain and right-brain thinkers equally entertained for hours! Exercise your brain with memory, language, math, and visual-mind based puzzles that ask you to unscramble words and fill in the blanks.
16. A Mr. Beer home brewing kit so you can celebrate Oktoberfest all year long! This brewpub in a box comes with carbonation drops, reusable shatterproof beer bottles, a can of brewing extract, no-rinse cleanser, and a lightweight fermenter so you can brew 2 gallons of great tasting Golden Ale.
17. A copy of Drinks For Mundane Tasks, a tasty cocktail book for all of life's most dull tasks. This book is chock full of amusing recipes that call for you to whip up a "Grass Chopper" to spice up your lawn mowing or a "Formular 410" to wipe down your kitchen counter. It will definitely help you breeze through your to-do list.
18. A candlemaking kit that will make you feel like an alchemist as you whip up some seriously luxurious, heavenly scented creations. Choose from six essential oils like Jasmine, Rose, Lavender, Sandalwood, Lily and Osmanthus.
19. A customized Mixbook photo book to celebrate years of friendship, a major life event, or any other important moments you never want to forget. Get ready to dig through your photo albums and free up tons of space on your phone!
20. A splurge-worthy vegan and cruelty-free Olive & June manicure and pedicure set that pays for itself. Now you can treat yo self without even getting off the couch!
21. An origami kit that will have you up to your neck in beautifully designed paper creations. This book comes with tons of paper all featuring traditional Japanese designs and has endless projects you can work on ranging from easy to difficult.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.